There were good posts about Hanukkah by Lisa Taylor, Fay, Jean Stepnoski and Douglas H.I like to add 8 more reasons for Hanukkah Hopes.
1) I think there is a connection between Hanukkah and 1 Corinthians 3:16-17."Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man defilethe temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are."And "him shall God destroy" can be interpreted as "to leave in the Tribulation."Thus Hanukkah could be for separation between those who prepared their temples sacred and those who did not.It means that Hanukkah could be for "the Removal of the Restrainer" of 2 Thessalonians 2:7.And we all know that O is waiting to rise to power.
2) The 7th day of Hanukkah is the new moon of Tevet, the 10th month and 10 means Completion of Cycle.We all know the importance of a new moon as it's written in Colossians 2:16-17.And Tevet was the month when Esther was chosen as the Queen as it's written in Esther 2:16-17.Interestingly, the numbers of both Scriptures are the same.Could it be the mates as it's written in Isaiah 34:16?The vision of Charity fits to the 7th day of Hanukkah as well.
3) According to Zola Levitte's teaching, 7 Feasts and Hanukkah represent each major stage of Human Gestation.And Hannukah represents Birth.
4) The funeral for Billy Graham was held on 3/2, Purim which was 8 years from the 8.8 Concepcion sign on Purim.And it's 280 days from 3/2 to the 6th day of this coming Hanukkah which is 12/7.The average length of Human Gestation is 280 days.
5) The 6th day of Hanukkah (12/7) is the 77th anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor.
6) For the first time since the temple era, special pure olive oil was produced in 2014 to use in the 3rd Temple.And the historic lighting ritual on Menorah with that pure oil was held during Hanukkah 4 years ago.I think it was the message of God that the temples of believers should be cleansed and shine with pure oil.And 4 years can be applied to 4 years(3 years + 1 year) of the barren fig tree parable.
7) 3 days before Hanukkah last year, the ancient oil lamp of the Maccabee era, 2,200 years ago was found.I think it's the God's message as well to remind a connection between Hanukkah and Matthew chapter 25.
Ancient Oil Lamp Traced Back to First-Ever Hanukkah in Maccabee Era - Breaking Israel News - Breaking Israel News | Latest News. Biblical Perspective.www.breakingisraelnews.com
8) It was the brink of war situation during Hanukkah last year in Isarel and the Korean peninsula.It seems that God is delaying 1 year.This 1 year can be applied to 12 months that Esther had to be prepared as it's written in Esther 2:12.