In my last post, I explained why I think the Rapture will occur on Rosh Hashanah. I didn't elaborate on why I believe that the Rapture is pretribulation or why I believe that the Rapture will occur soon because I wanted to keep the post reasonably short. I will do so now.
I believe that the Rapture will be pretribulation because:
1. Seven years in heaven coincides with the seven days in the wedding chamber in the Jewish wedding ceremony.
2. Why would Jesus allow his bride to be beaten up right before He takes her to the wedding?
3. The Tribulation is Daniel's 70th week (Daniel 9:24-27) and the Time of Jacob's Trouble (Jeremiah 30:3-7). It is for the Jews, not the church.
4. Isaiah 26:20 promises that we can hide until indignation runs its course.
5. Jesus promises that we can escape all of these things (Luke 21:36).
6. Jesus promises to keep us from the hour of testing (Revelation 3:10).
7. Paul describes the Rapture as "the blessed hope" (Titus 2:13). Who hopes for tribulation?
8. Paul says that the Rapture should comfort us (1 Thessalonians 4:18).
9. Christians have always suffered persecution but in the past, they had to persevere so that they could maintain the church for the future. This no longer applies at the Rapture which occurs at the end of the Church Age.
10. The Rapture could not be post-tribulation because, if so, there would be no believers left in human bodies to populate the earth during the Millennial Kingdom.
I believe that the Rapture will occur soon because:
1. We are near the end of the 6th day (6000 years) of man. The Millennial Kingdom will the the 7th day. For God, a day is like 1000 years (2 Peter 3:8, Psalm 90:4).
2. The signs listed by Jesus in Matthew 24, Luke 21, and Mark 13 are all in place including an increase in false prophets, wars, famines, earthquakes, persecution of Christians, apostasy and lawlessness.
3. It is now just like the days of Noah and Lot (Matthew 24:37-39, Luke 17:26-28, 2 Timothy 3:1-5) with an increase in selfishness, lawlessness, arrogance, hedonism, and sexual immorality. Who would have believed the current acceptance of homosexual marriage just a few years ago?
4. The Church Age is nearing the end of its 2nd day (2000 years). Hosea 5:15-6:2 indicates that Jesus will return to His place (heaven) until Israel acknowledges her guilt but after two days (2000 years) he will revive them and raise them up on the 3rd day (the Millennial Kingdom).
5. The biggest sign is Israel. Israel was restored as a nation in 1948 and regained control of Jerusalem in 1967. Before this, the Rapture, the Tribulation, and the Second Coming could not have happened.
6. All of the prerequisites for the tribulation are now in place. Nuclear or biological weapons are needed to kill over one billion people in a war. Television and satellites are needed for the entire world to witness the murder of the two witnesses. Microchips and computers are needed for the mark of the beast to control the economy. Before these recent inventions, the prophecies of Revelation could not have been fulfilled. There is no temple in Jerusalem, but everything is in place to build it quickly.
7. Jesus says that once the signs begin, this generation will not pass away until all of these things take place (Luke 21:28-32, Matthew 24:32-35). The signs began in 1948 or at least by 1967. The people who witnessed this are getting very old.