Hello Doves! It is good to know that our beloved Doves site is back up and running! And yet, it may only be for a week, because we might be going home!!! I hope to see you all in the air within the next seven days!! Hallelujah, and come Lord Jesus!!
In the meantime.... I would just like to share something with you all. Please share as you feel lead by the Lord.
To Fear…. Or Not to Fear
Do you find yourself wondering what in the world is going on today? Does a still small voice whisper deep in your soul that things seem a little strange as of late? If we think about it in all honesty, there are many reasons for us to wonder, or even fear. It seems that everything we are used to and many things around us, even as close as our own cities and states, are unraveling. There is so much going on all at once, and it seems that there is an intensity that has the potential to steal away that settled peace we’ve known for so long as blessed Americans. Do you sense that something is different? Do you feel the “American way” may be threatened? Or, are you really not quite convinced that things are changing and heading in a direction that is not so good? If so, just check out http://www.trackingbibleprophecy.org/birthpangs.php (our own Amy Van Gerpen's site) and see some undeniable facts for yourself. Here you can view a list all of the craziness that has been taking place on our planet just since 1-1-11 (and you can go back to 2010 and 2009 as well) – it is truly staggering!
Well, whether we, “the created”, here on this earth choose to believe it or not, our Lord, “the Creator”, has spoken. He truly is trying to get our attention and warn us. Just looking at the website listed above and viewing all that has happened just since the beginning of the year, it is almost impossible to deny that things have changed. The Lord knows that when calamity strikes, when our world is rocked, or when we begin to fear, then we finally become vulnerable and willing to listen to Him. Considering this, He is graciously and mercifully showing us the very signs that His Son, Jesus, told us about in the gospels as well as all through the Old and New Testaments that would precede His coming. Are you listening? Are you looking? Will you heed His call? I humbly plead for you to do just that and then consider your options.
So, if you are willing at this point to admit things are not like they used to be, and you’re even somewhat feeling in your heart that maybe things aren’t going to turn around, what are you to do now? This is where the question comes in…. Should we fear? Or should we not fear?
In order to get to the truth, we must take a look at what God says about this. Before I go further, I want to establish the truth of God’s Word. Don’t you know that the Bible is the spoken word of God and contains all the answers? Do you believe that our Creator is good enough to leave us with record of His one absolute truth? What kind of righteous and holy God full of love and mercy would leave us with many muddled truths that would separate His people and cause confusion and chaos? That is in essence what we have done to ourselves today; God has not done this. We have set aside the one true God and the one true word of God, and we, “the created”, have said that there are many gods, there are many ways to these gods, and there is not one infallible truth. We are the ones who have confused things, and it has caused us all much heartache and turmoil. If you think about it, this muddled truth is the very thing that causes war, destroys peace, and brings about an unholy fear. To establish the foundation of this writing, I must state that we can go to the Word of God and get the truth, a truth that will set us free… free from confusion, free from chaos, and free from fear!
Dearly beloved of the Lord, do you want to know the truth? Do you want to be set free by the one and only truth? All I ask of you is to read this letter with an open heart and mind remembering that we are not in control. WE are NOT in control; our Almighty Father, Hashem Yahweh, is in control. This is His world, His universe, and we are His created children. And in His immense love and grace towards you, He desires for you to open your eyes and heart, heed His warnings, and come to Him now. I struggle to express to you with words the great reward of peace and joy that you can experience here on this earth (although so much more in Heaven) through Him, even in the midst of personal pains and trials or even in the midst of the horrors we see happening in our world. He is truly the only answer; He is God, and He is Jesus Christ. He has all the answers, and they are just waiting for those who will seek them through Him.
So again, we must ask the question…. should we fear, or should we not fear? There are two separate and distinct answers, and one is just as important as the other.
Answer 1 – Yes, we must fear! (but don’t let this scare you – read further please!)
Aside from the natural fear that we all feel when we see the earthquake and tsunami of Japan, the wicked tornadoes of Joplin, or the devastating famines in Somalia, there is another fear that is necessary in all times whether dark and gloomy or bright and prosperous. It is the fear of the Lord God Almighty! This fear is about reverence, respect, and worship. It is a fear that recognizes Who He is, honors Who He is, and gives the utmost respect for Who He is. It is a fear that comes naturally via the Holy Spirit when you are surrendered to Jesus. If this type of fear is absent, then the fear of wrath, danger, and judgment will be present and will rule over you. All in all, you can either fear/revere the Lord by allowing Him and His peace and love to be your shelter/refuge or you can experience the fear of His wrath and judgment where chaos, terror, and uncertainty will be your guide. The Bible has many things to say about both types of fear, so let’s look at a few, although there are so many:
Fear/Reverence of God:
· Deuteronomy 10:12-13: And now, O Israel, what does the Lord your God ask of you but to fear the Lord your God, to walk in all His ways, to love Him, to serve the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your should, and to observe the Lord’s commands and decrees that I am giving you today for your own good.
· 1Chronicles 16:25-26: For great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; He is to be feared above all gods. For the gods of the nations are idols, but the Lord made the heavens.
· Psalm 2:11: Serve the Lord with fear and rejoice with trembling.
· Psalm 25:12-14: Who then is the man that fears the Lord? He will instruct him in the way chosen for him. He will spend his days in prosperity, and his descendants will inherit the land. The Lord confides in those who fear Him; He makes His covenant known to them.
· Psalm 34:7-10: The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear Him, and He delivers them. Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him. Fear the Lord, you His saints, for those who fear Him lack nothing.
· Psalm 119:120: My flesh trembles in fear of you; I stand in awe of your laws.
· Psalm 145:19-20: He fulfills the desires of those who fear Him; He hears their cry and saves them. The Lord watches over all who love Him, but all the wicked He will destroy.
· Jeremiah 5:22-24: “Should you not fear me?” declares the Lord. “Should you not tremble in my presence? I made the sand a boundary for the sea, an everlasting barrier it cannot cross. The waves may roll, but they cannot prevail; they may roar, but they cannot cross it.”
· Luke 1:50: His mercy extends to those who fear Him, from generation to generation.
· Philippians 2:12-13: Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed – not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence – continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to His good purpose.
Fear of God’s Wrath and Judgment:
· Deuteronomy 9:19: I feared the anger and wrath of the Lord, for He was angry enough with you to destroy you.
· 2Chronicles 23:13-15: But He stands alone, and who can oppose Him? He does whatever He pleases. He carries out His decree against me, and many such plans He still has in store. That is why I am terrified before Him; when I think of all this, I fear Him.
· Psalm 76:7-8: You alone are to be feared. Who can stand before you when you are angry? From heaven, you pronounce judgment, and the land feared and was quiet.
· Psalm 90:11: Who knows the power of your anger? For your wrath is as great as the fear that is due you.
· Luke 12:4-5: I tell you my friend, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more. But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after the killing of the body, has the power to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear Him!
· Luke 21:26: …men’s hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken.
· John 3:36: He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life; but he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
· Revelation 14:6-7: He said in a loud voice, “Fear God and give Him glory, because the hour of His judgment has come. Worship Him who made the heavens, the earth, the sea, and the springs of water.”
Summary for Answer 1: We must fear – revere, adore, worship, and love – our God. He is worthy of this and He is worthy to be praised! If we lack this, we are then vulnerable and exposed to the wrath of God which brings about a fear of torment, destruction, and death!
Answer 2 – No, we do not have to fear!!
At this point, you may be thinking, “Huh, this is a contradiction!” Well, if we have the fear of the Lord as I just explained above, we have absolutely nothing to fear!! If we love the Lord – Jesus, our one true God and Savior – then we have His perfect love living and abiding in us, and what does the Word of God say… There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love. (1John 4:18)
When the Lord God is your shepherd, when you submit to Him and follow Him in obedience and love, then there is no fear. Just as the psalmist says in Psalm 23… When I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. Isn’t this what we all want? Perfect love and peace without fear of torment and death? With Jesus, you can have all of this, and you can have it every day of your life and even on the day of judgment when you stand before the triune God (God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit). And we will all stand there one day, and we will all confess that Jesus is Lord to the glory of God the Father. (Philippians 2:11).
Just prior to the first scripture I listed above (1John 4:18), it states, “Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world.” Yes, you read that correctly. You can have boldness and confidence, without fear, on the day of judgment, but you must have full fear (reverence) and submission to the Lord Jesus now in every aspect of your life and being, and this only comes with truly confessing your sin to Him and accepting His forgiveness – in essence, total surrender to Him. Without this, then we stand in judgment of our sin exposed to the wrath of God. And as the Word of God says, it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. (Hebrews 10:31)
Summary for Answer 2: With full fear/reverence and submission to our God that comes with our salvation through Jesus Christ, we will not only escape the fear of His judgment and wrath, but we will rest completely in His peace, regardless of what happens to us or what we see coming upon the earth. For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and love and a sound mind. (2Timothy 1:7)
In conclusion, I leave you with a message from the Lord that is also in context of this letter. I asked Him to reveal to me specifically what He would like to say to His people in this letter, and “His people” includes you! He answered me with a loving and gentle voice. I want to share these words with you as I wrote on 9/23/11:
I am Him, Hashem (God).
I am Him, Yeshua (Jesus).
I am Him, Holy Spirit.
You are my people.
Do not fear, for I am meek and lowly of heart, and my heart longs for you.
I have eyes for you – eyes that yearn with love and adoration.
Why do you run from me?
Why do you run to all your earthly pleasures – the ones that will fade and not remain?
Only I am eternal; only I remain.
Your earthly pleasures do not love you – yet you love them with all your heart.
You set these things up in your heart and leave no room for me.
This you must fear; this should not be.
Do you not remember that I created you?
I sacrificed myself for you, yet you run from me.
You run away to the things that bring you temporary fulfillment and pleasure.
I cannot reveal my true self to you when your heart is cluttered with the world.
The world is dying, and it is diseasing your heart.
If you do not remove your dying idols, your heart with die with them.
I am life, and I do not die.
You must run from your idols and receive me.
Let me into your heart to live and reside.
Then your desires will be of me and my pleasures.
Only then will you have joy and peace unspeakable.
Only then, you will have no fear.
Only then can you please me.
And only then can you truly be mine – my bride, my child, my heir.
Don’t let the enemy deceive you – you cannot serve mammon and God.
You can only serve one or the other.
Fear me (revere me)… Choose me… Surrender to me.
I am He.
The Alpha and the Omega.
The One who was, and is, and is to come.
I love you with an everlasting love.
Heed my words – they are real and true – they are the only truth.
I, Hashem, Yahweh God, Yeshua Jesus, and Holy Spirit, have spoken.
And finally, the following are the promises of our Lord as written in Psalm 91. Read them and rest in them. He is faithful to His word!
1 He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in Him I will trust.”
3 Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler[a]
And from the perilous pestilence.
4 He shall cover you with His feathers,
And under His wings you shall take refuge;
His truth shall be your shield and buckler.
5 You shall not be afraid of the terror by night,
Nor of the arrow that flies by day,
6 Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness,
Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not come near you.
8 Only with your eyes shall you look,
And see the reward of the wicked.
9 Because you have made the LORD, who is my refuge,
Even the Most High, your dwelling place,
10 No evil shall befall you,
Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling;
11 For He shall give His angels charge over you,
To keep you in all your ways.
12 In their hands they shall bear you up,
Lest you dash your foot against a stone.
13 You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra,
The young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot.
14 “Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him;
I will set him on high, because he has known My name.
15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him,
And show him My salvation.”
Please know that these letters are not written by a person who just wants to push personal beliefs on family and friends. These letters are truly written in love and through a genuine desire to share the one indisputable truth that can change hearts, change lives, and change destinies. What is written is what the Lord directs, and as a result, it sometimes takes a full month to complete one of these letters. In addition, these letters are not written to one specific person to judge, condemn, or harass – they are written generally to all those I love and cherish with a pure and contrite heart only to share the heart of Jesus as is written in His word and impressed upon my spirit. It is always my prayer and hope that your heart will be moved by the Holy Spirit as you read, and your life will be changed by His love and mercy.
For more related information, please visit http://www.fearnotwhatiscoming.com/.