My favorite response to Paul's question was "the special of the day." That was so cute!
The church of Jesus Christ is described by at least seven symbols or figures in the New Testament.
- Jesus is the Great Shepherd and we are the sheep (Jn 10:1-18).
- He is the True Vine and we Christians are the branches (Jn 15:1).
- We are a "living stones" building built into a house which is a habitation for God---Christ Jesus is the cornerstone (1 Peter 2:4-7).
- The Lord is described as a merchant who finds and buys a single pearl of great price (Mt. 13:45).
- He is the Great High Priest over the household of faith, and we are his servant-priests (Heb. 4:14-16).
- The church is the Body of Christ, every one a member of every other, and all under the direction of Christ the Head of the Body (1 Cor. 12:12-14).
- Finally the church is the Bride of Christ and Jesus the waiting Bridegroom (Rev. 21:9).
The Apostle Paul wrote to the Corinthians: "I am jealous over you with godly jealousy, for I have betrothed you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ." (2 Cor. 11:2)
FOR MORE on THE MARRIAGE SUPPER OF THE LAMB by LAMBERT DOLPHIN, PLEASE CLICK HERE: http://ldolphin.org/Msup.html