IDF GENERAL: LIKELIHOOD OF "AN ALL-OUT, TOTAL WAR" GROWING
>> Also, please join us for "Wake Up Call" webcast on 9/11, and/or "The Gathering Storm" simulcast on 10/22.
By Joel C. Rosenberg
(Washington, D.C, September 6, 2011) -- Evidence of a gathering storm continues to mount in the epicenter. Here's the latest:
* "Recent revolutions in the Arab world and the deteriorating ties with Turkey are raising the likelihood of a regional war in the Middle East, IDF Home Front Command Chief, Major General Eyal Eisenberg warned Monday," reports Ynet News. "'It looks like the Arab Spring, but it can also be a radical Islamic winter,' he said in a speech at the Institute for National Security Studies in Tel Aviv."
* "'This leads us to the conclusion that through a long-term process, the likelihood of an all-out war is increasingly growing,' the IDF general said. 'Iran has not abandoned its nuclear program. The opposite it true; it continues full steam ahead,' he said. 'In Egypt, the army is collapsing under the burden of regular security operations...'"
* "Referring to what he characterized as the possibility of a 'radical Islamic winter,' Major-General Eisenberg said: 'This raises the likelihood of an all-out, total war, with the possibility of weapons of mass destruction being used.'"
* Many more details on the blog, including Turkey expelling Israel's ambassador and canceling all trade ties with Israel.
* More than ever, Israel needs leaders like the "sons of Issachar, men who understood the times and knew what Israel should do." (I Chronicles 12:32, NIV) Israel also needs faithful friends who will show unconditional love and unwavering support for the Jewish people, while also showing love and compassion towards the Palestinians. These are increasingly difficult times for Israel, and Christians around the world need to be even more faithful in prayer for peace and more determined to bless Israel and her neighbors in the name of Jesus,.