Hi John, Could you please link the two attachments to the bottom of this post in response to Kay's request.
Thank you for your comments.
I think it is important that the Messianic interpretation of Daniel 9:24-27 is kept before the readers on 5 Doves to counterbalance the popular American teaching promulgated by the Dispensationalist schools. I have just enjoyed reading a book called "And The Lamb Wins" by Simon Ponsonby - Published by David C. Cook 2008, ISBN 978-1-4347-6755-4 This book is crammed full of excellent teaching (except for his lack of belief in the 1,000 millennial rule from Jerusalem). In chapter 4 of his book he gives an excellent overview of where different teachings rose from, and ascribes Dispensationalism to J.N.. Darby a former Anglican who founded the Plymouth Brethren, who was associated with Edward Irving a Scottish minister who founded the Catholic Apostolic Church, and who followed the teaching of a 17th C. Chilean Jesuit Priest, Emmanuel Lacunza who taught that there were two returns of Christ, first for the church, then for Israel. You would know of course that Darby's teaching was taken up by Cyrus Scofield and Charles Ryrie who promulgated it in the United States, followed by Moody Bible Instute, Biola University, Dallas Theological Seminary and Baptist Bible Seminary, Pennsylvania. Once that teaching was established in the Bible institutions it spread throughout the World through the writings of their American alumni. As mentioned on Wikipedia - "Dispensationalism....is rejected by most mainline protestant theologians."
Regarding your inquiry about saving some of my material, it is possible to cut and paste Pdf files in these steps -
1. Open the relevant Pdf file, that you want to save. When you have it on your screen -
2. Go to the "Edit" button on the top left of your screen (assuming you are using 'Windows' of some sort), and click on it.
3. This will give you some options - Click "select all" which will 'colour' the complete Pdf file.
4. Go back to the "Edit" button and click on "Copy"
5. I usually then minimise the internet Pdf screen (middle button top right of your screen) which will minimise it and take you back to desktop. I then open a new document through my Microsoft Windows icon on the desktop.
6. When that is open, either go back to edit and click "paste" or use your keyboard "Ctrl and V" which will paste it into your new document.
7. Save it to where you want it.
Alternatively you can open the PDF document on your screen
1. Go to "File" at top left and click on "Save As"
2. Choose where you want to save it from the options given i.e., "Desktop" or one of your folders.
3. Click on save
Other computer users might have other methods too, I hope these options help.
However, if all else fails, I have asked John to attach the two 'normal text' documents you requested here.
Chapter Seven - Daniel's 70 Weeks - The Covenant
Chapter Eight - Daniel's 70 Weeks - Conclusion
Kind regards. God Bless You in your search for the truth.