To Jesus - God has promised that the day will come when Jesus will receive honor, glory, and power.
Jesus was humiliated the first time He came. He was rejected by His own people. He was mocked, scourged, and murdered. During the Millennium He will receive the honor He is due, and He will be glorified in history.
- Isaiah describes it this way (Isaiah 24:23):Then the moon will be abashed and the sun ashamed, for the LORD of hosts will reign on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem, and His glory will be before His elders.
- Paul, in 2 Thessalonians 1:10, makes the same point:[Jesus is returning] to be glorified in His saints on that day, and to be marveled at among all who have believed...
Excerpts above taken from this website article: http://www.lamblion.com/articles/articles.php
- Psalm 86:9. All nations whom You have made shall come and worship before You, O Lord, and they shall glorify Your name.
- Philippians 2:10-11. So that at the name of Jesus, every knee will bow, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father.
- Isaiah 9:7. There will be no end to the increase of His government or of Peace. On the throne of David and over his kingdom, to establish it and to uphold it with justice and righteousness, from then on and forevermore. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will accomplish this.
- Revelation 7:14. These will wage war against the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, because He is Lord of lords and King of kings, and those who are with Him are the called and chosen and faithful.