Promises to the Jews - Primacy among the nations.
God will re-gather all the believing Jews in the world who are left alive at the end of the Tribulation, and they will be established as the prime nation of the world (Deuteronomy 30:1-9). He will then fulfill all the promises He has ever made to them.
Consider, for example, the incredible promises of Isaiah 60 which God made to the Jewish people - promises that have never yet been fulfilled:
- The glory of the Lord will appear upon you [Israel].
- And nations will come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your rising.
- The wealth of nations will come to you... And the sons of those who afflicted you will come bowing to you, and all who despised you will bow themselves at the soles of your feet.
- Whereas you have been forsaken and hated... I will make you an everlasting pride, a joy from generation to generation.
- ... the days of your mourning will be finished.
- Then all your people will be righteous and they will possess the land forever.
The prophet Zechariah describes the Millennial glory of Israel with some remarkable imagery (Zechariah 8:22-23):
- Many peoples and many nations will come to seek the Lord of hosts in Jerusalem and to entreat the favor of the Lord.
- Thus says the Lord of hosts, "In those days, ten men from all the nations will grasp the garment of a Jew saying, 'Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you.'"
What a statement that is! It means the centuries of persecution of the Jews will finally come to an end. No longer will they be the butt of jokes or the target of harassment or the victims of murder.
Excerpts taken from this website article: http://www.lamblion.com/articles/articles.php