Randy, you may just be growing more sensitive to toxins, more able to sense them.
Most perfumes have toxins in them, and that is why "chemically sensitive" persons cannotuse them. Most of us can us pure lavender or orange oil, if it's unadulterated.
As for the shrimp sauce, it probably, almost certainly, had chemical additives which are notconducive to health, while the butter sauce did not have these additives.
I cannot say if this is what is happening for sure, but I would suspect that you shouldcongratulate your nose and your taster!
It might help to start reading labels and becoming aware of which things have impureadditives. Then your mind can agree with your nose and your sense of taste.
I am NOT that able to smell or taste impurities, so I have to read labels always, andbe very careful if eating in a restaurant.