I now believe that it is too late to "spread the Word" based upon "The End is Near/Here" tract. The deception and hardening of hearts has already occurred.
However, I have had some success turning my conversations with those who I feel are open to believe but have not yet "focused" on Him and/or the times that we live in. When confronted on why they should perhaps start living their faith for x, y and z reasons, they seem to open up. But, in short, If they don't already believe, they are not going to now unless they are moved by the Holy Spirit Himself.
I have spent an incredible amount of time and energy considering these things and the only answer is that has been given to me is that the world has made its decisions and He is about to make His.
I cannot come to any other belief than this is all but a done deal.
Given that the fall feasts have passed it now seems that the “Pre Trib” view is off the table but I don’t think you can honestly eliminate it until November passes. (Again, just in case.)
“Mid Trib” is now the odds-on favorite. In actuality, “Pre” and “Mid” are most likely the same thing; the difference being how one chooses to define Tribulation as 3.5 or 7 years. Ron Reese’s take is the only view in my opinion that holds water for the next six months. He sees the Rapture in year two of the seven year tribulation, which is also this month, as a fulfillment of the typology of Joseph saving his brothers after two years of famine. (This is my own focus at this point.)
Post Trib is just what most non Rapture believers call “The Second Coming.” So, no real need to focus on that right now. However, when it comes to His Word, I am humble and have no pride in being right, I just want to be alert and able to tell the difference between His Word and the lies to come. And I know that is going to be a real test.
Speaking of tests, when I was in college, we had “study hall note sharing.” This would allow us to cut a class to get other things done but not fall behind. It also made you a very good note taker because you were not just doing it for yourself, you were doing it for others. It made you a bit of a watchman, I guess.
So, in this vain, I have jotted down some notes on what to do and how to act when the Signs and Wonders start to happen. (Note to Doves: This is a rough draft. I would love for the Dove Community to put together a comprehensive guide that we all can print and keep with us. We may not have internet in the months ahead.) Just a thought J
Preliminary Tribulation Survival & Salvation Guide Notes:
0) When Christ comes, He will do so exactly as the scriptures say He will come. However, there is a little confusion on weather His grand entrance for the Second Coming is a view for the Rapture. (I think it is more like the view of the 10 Virgins. He will come quietly during the night.) Given human history, prophecy and current events now occurring daily around us, we are not crazy for looking for Him today, tomorrow, next week, next month or even to next year until, say, June, 2011. If we go that far then we may need to rethink our understanding of His Word. Until then, it’s a parlor game that none of us really need to play. Pray to Jesus to be found worthy to escape all these things, daily; repent, daily; and strive to kill sin in your life, daily. This is the final sprint. I am convinced that we are the blessed generation that gets to witness His Plan and we are not living patiently for another decade, century or millennium. But what do I really “know” other than Christ died for my sins so that I may have eternal life? Not much that really matters. But even so, I believe that we are “on the clock!” and the time for talk is over. It’s game time! To paraphrase Notre Dame’s locker room sign: “Pray like a Champion, Today!! “
1) Christ will come to you. Do not go out to see or meet “Him” or “Them” or “Our Brothers” or anything! Just think of the movies “Mars Attacks” or “Independence Day.” If they say Christ is over here in “His Ship” to take you away, do not go! It’s a trick! The point being, do not even associate with anyone who have fallen for the lie and are following it to destruction. They are not people you want to hang out with. Just don’t go along with the crowd!! Remember, “Pray like a Champion, Today!! “
2) Christ will not use any technology to perform anything. There is a reason “He rolls the way He rolls.” This is our Lord who uses burning bushes, fishes, loaves and walking on water to make His point. He “don’t do” space ships. He has devised a fool proof plan, He will not offer Green Eggs and Ham. He will not offer spaceships, buses or plains, He will not use any technology for personal gains! So, If we find ourselves “left behind” by the fact that millions of people have disappeared or if a horrific event occurs that is the reason for millions being gone, just know that you are in Tribulation and that Satan is now in full control for the next several years. Don’t Panic!! It’s just a fact and be ready to die for your faith and salvation in Christ. Do not try to survive by taking any mark or selling your soul. Just know that the only way for you to save your life it to lose it. Please do not do anything to save your earthly life. Rely only upon Him for everything. Remember, this is THE FINAL EXAM of our faith. Remember all the parables in the scriptures of those who took matters in their own hands and got nothing but the wrong end of the stick. Be grateful that you know what is going on. Think of all of those who died in just another dark period of human history without understanding and faith! You are truly Blessed!
3) Do not accept any “miracle energy technology” that may make your life easier. (Not sure why I thought of this but I did. Open to thoughts here.)
4) Christ is not a space brother or alien nor an Ascended Master or anything of the sort. The person who tells you that he is Christ’s angel or brother or actually Christ himself, is Satan or one of his agents. It’s just a fact. It’s too late to run, just deal with it.
5) If questioned about your beliefs, confess Jesus Christ early and often. Do not be afraid, ever! If fact, why not just drive to the nearest FEMA camp and tell them that you are one of those “Jesus Freaks” or “Patriots” that they are looking for and rounding up? Do it on the spot!! With a smile, no less!! You will be arrested, tortured and perhaps beheaded but do not worry! Salvation just doesn’t get any easier than this! It’s almost like going to the store and buying your salvation!! Go for it!! You can even have a bit of joy in doing so. (Can I borrow your Chopper to ride down to the FEMA camp. I won’t be back, though?)
6) Help everyone who asks. This is not a period of Grace, people! It’s Hell on Earth. Therefore, we must be the lights unto others who have also been left behind. (Note to all. You may have qualified for the Rapture but perhaps God wants you here to help. Think of it as varsity football practice. The starters aren’t around but the coach is watching. You now have the chance to impress the Coach and start for Christ in the upcoming Millennium Football Season!!
7) Do not kill yourself or anyone else during these times. If things get hard, and they will, just look for opportunities to confess and praise Jesus Christ as your Blessed Salvation. You might even want to do so with some gusto and flair. (Again, can I borrow your Harley to ride to the FEMA Camp??)
8) Keep a calendar and take the time to count the days and seek for signs of the moon and stars. (need help on this one) but just know that if you survive to see four Blood Red Moons from 2015 to 2017, your have a great chance to be around to see Him in His Glorious Return.
Well, there you have it, my very basic, hopefully humorous, notes on how to act if left behind or if we need to slog through it.
I look forward to input and feedback from all of you.
PS. Didn’t someone say that the spaceship arrives on the 13th?