Interesting insights from young 20-year-old "CJ" on the Rapture in the Air Web site:
WoW -- Gathering of "Olives" is rapture of church -- In November!
In Romans 11:16-24, the apostle Paul likens the Church (spiritual Israel) to an olive tree.
The OIL of olives, of course, is used in the Bible to ANOINT kings as well as the High Priest (1 Samuel 10:1, 16:1, 13; Psalm 133:2).
The word Messiah or "Christ" means the ANOINTED ONE.
Early in His ministry, Jesus read from the scroll of Isaiah, and applied chapter 61:1,2 to Himself:
"The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me [He has "Messiahed" me]... to preach the gospel to the poor; he has sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, to preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him. And he began to say to them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears" [Luke 4:18-21].
In the parable of the 10 virgins, found in Matthew chapter 25, we find that only the "wise" virgins who had OIL [the Messiah, the Anointed One, the Christ] in their lamps [spirits] could go into the marriage feast with the Bridegroom.
So, the olive and its oil are repeatedly associated with Christ and His Church.
The parallels between the Church and the olive are quite remarkable:
1. The amazing olive tree can reach the age of 2,000 years. Hello? 2,000 years!
2. Olive trees can easily resist drought, diseases, and even fire.
3. Their ROOTS REGENERATE and produce trees even after the ground is destroyed.
4. Olives are BITTER when first picked but tasty and HEALTHY after being treated.
5. Oil lamps produce LIGHT.
6. Olives ARE ALWAYS HARVESTED IN AUTUMN: More specifically, from mid-October to November. Selah.
7. When they're harvested, the boughs or the whole tree are shaken.
8. The most important technique for harvesting olives is doing it ALL AT ONCE, so no olives fall to the ground without being picked.
The Church is approximately 2,000 years old.
It's survived drought disease and fire, yet its Root has regenerated into a VERY LARGE tree.
Some of its fruit tastes BITTER, but after being spiritually treated will become healthy and tasty.
It's the LIGHT of the world, and when it leaves, the world will get dark indeed [Matthew 5:14].
It will be HARVESTED in autumn, more specifically in early November.
The whole Church has been shaken and is being shaken, even as we speak.
All its "olives" will be gathered together AT ONCE, so that not a single one is left without being picked.
So, what do you say olives?
The Root and the tree are One.
The Anointed One is about to gather His anointed ones.
The Olive (church who is OIL or holy spirit indwelt) harvest ends in NOVEMBER!!!, just in time for November 6th, 2010!