You will need your Bibles for this or an online Bible like Biblos.com. I included scripture references but left the responsibility for reading them in your hands so that you can choose which version you like best and research for yourself context and Strongs definitions. Also, please forgive any typos.
Firstly, let me thank everyone who made this research possible – Pastor Sandy Armstrong, Dr. Chuck Missler, The 5 Doves forum, Firecharger, R.I.T.A. forum, Daniel Matson, and many others. Secondly, let me state that my research is NOT endorsed by any of these people, nor anyone else for that matter, and I do not in any way assume that I am correct. I simply have been doing research for the past 2 years, seen dates come and go, and I feel like I finally have a handle on things. That is why I share this with you all – for consideration only. I will try to separate my opinion from fact to eliminate any confusion.
Let me lay a foundation first. If you do not agree with the following points I’m afraid my research will not interest you.
1. Jesus Christ, Yeshuah, the Messiah is the ONLY way to the Father, Almighty God - Yehovah, or Yahweh if you prefer. There is no God above Him, God in 3 persons, the Holy Trinity of Father, Son and Spirit.
2. All scripture is inspired by God. 66 different books, penned by 40+ guys over 2000 years, and yet it can be PROVEN that its origins come from outside our time/space dimension. (Chuck Missler)
3. The “Feasts of the LORD” given to the Jewish people in the Torah are “Holy rehearsals” for an actual physical performance. The first 4 have been fulfilled. Three (and a day) are left unfulfilled as of today. Trumpets, Atonement, Tabernacles and The 8th Day – in that order.
4. God reckons years in 360 days, not 365. All prophetic years are 360 days in Scripture.
5. Since Christ fulfilled the first feasts in rapid chronological succession, it stands to reason that when the last feasts are fulfilled it will again be in rapid chronological succession as well.
6. Using Daniel 9 as a template we see that God is precise in His ordering of days. Jesus pronounced Himself King of Kings on the very day prophesied in Daniel 9:24. 173,880 days exactly from the Issue of the Decree to rebuild Jerusalem, the city and the wall, Jesus revealed Himself as the Messiah. We know this as “Palm Sunday.”
7. Jesus held the Israelites responsible for “not knowing the time of their visitation.” Luke 19:41-43 and it is logical to assume that He will also hold us accountable.
8. The rapture is pre-trib. (Although, if you differ on this subject you may still find the following information interesting at least.)
9. God reckons months by the moon Exodus 19:1, Isaiah 66:23, Colossians 2:16. Specifically by the sighting of the sliver of the “new moon” by 2 witnesses from Jerusalem.
10. God does not change.
Some basic facts:
1. The end times cannot happen until Israel is in the land that God Himself gave to Abraham through an everlasting covenant. Genesis 15:5-21. Isaiah 66:8
2. Israel was granted the land by the British in 1917, was birthed into a nation on May 14, 1948, and reclaimed Jerusalem as their capital in 1967.
3. Matthew 24 – “this generation shall not pass until all be fulfilled.” This means that the generation that saw Israel born as a nation will not die off until all (the entire chapter of Matthew 24) be fulfilled.
4. The Bible defines a generation for us. Psalm 90:10 – a generation is 70 years. *Opinion* I believe the 70 years of the generation is in Solar years because at the time of the writing of Psalm 90 the years were 365 or so days and also because this time is spoken of in generalities – this generation – and not given a specific day count like other places in prophecy.
5. 1948 + 70 = 2018. Specifically, May 14th, 2018 in Solar years.
6. The Jubilee year is the “time of restitution of all things.” Leviticus 25:8-17. When Jesus read in the synagogue from Isaiah 61 as recorded in Luke 4:19 Jesus stopped at a comma and did not finish the entire verse. He read verse 1 and stopped in the middle of verse 2. Take a moment and read the entire chapter. We know for a fact that Jesus’ coming is in 2 phases. Phase one was completed when He sent the Holy Spirit down at Pentecost. The other is yet to come. The “Day of Vengeance of our God” is the day when Jesus slays the enemies of Israel with the brightness of His coming and the birds feast on the flesh of kings. This hasn’t happened yet – but it will! Acts 3:18-26 reiterates the fact that when Jesus comes He will proclaim the Jubilee, “the time of restitution of all things.”
7. A Jubilee cannot be pronounced unless the Jews are occupying the land, namely Jerusalem. The first year this was possible since 70AD was 1948. Therefore, the Jubilee was proclaimed (if not in this realm, in heaven) on Atonement 1948. That was around 10/14/1967. However, the Jubilee year does not start until the first month of the New Year – the first new moon after the 12th month when the barley harvest is “abib” (ripening in the final stage) making Passover month the first month of the year and beginning the Jubilee. So, the Jubilee year began around 3/31/1968. Making the next Jubilee to be proclaimed around 9/30/17 but to begin around 4/6/18. (I say “around” because no one can really be sure when the sliver will be sighted in Jerusalem but thanks to NASA projections we can be within a 2 day variance. See chart at the end of this study.)
8. However, if the barley is not Abib in time they add a 13th month pushing Passover out by about 30 days. Also, if the people are defiled by a dead body and therefore unable to participate in the first Passover, God made provision for that by instituting a second Passover on the 14th day of the 2nd month. Numbers 9:10-11.
9. So, all prophecy must be fulfilled by about 5/2/2010 at the latest, which is either the first Passover if the barley is not abib or more likely is the 2nd Passover. (of course, plus or minus 2 days or so.)
10. Thanks to the maiming of God’s calendar by the Romans it is very difficult to predict exact dates. We can however know timeframes. In fact, we are commanded to watch and know the time that Jesus will return.
11. The 70th week of Daniel and the last 2520 days of history must end before 5/2/18. Also, in Matthew when Christ says those days are shortened it cannot mean that the number of days is lessened. Upon careful inspection of Revelation 8 you find the answer. 1/3 or the day is without light as well as 1/3 of the night. That makes each day shortened by 4 hours and each night 4 hours devoid of light from the moon and stars. That would decrease our total day to about 16 hours, and even if the days remain at 24 hours God has taken away 8 hours of each 24 hour period and cast it into darkness. But there are some more things to consider.
12. There is an alarming parallel relating to God numbering days when dealing with Israel and merely timeframes when dealing with the Church. See www.2010rapture.org and scroll to the illustrations at the bottom of the page.
13. There was a Tetrad of eclipses in 1947/48, 1967/68, and there are more coming in 2014/15 (google it if you are unaware). Something bad is going to happen then. (First blood moon likely a warning about the upcoming second half of the 70th week. I find it interesting that the mid-point of the trib would fall in between the 2 blood moons of 2014 which mar both Passover and Tabernacles.)
14. *Opinion* And it may be a stretch – but David ruled for 7 years and 6 months in Hebron over gentiles and the tribe of Judah since Israel followed Ish-bosheth (Samuel 4) the son of Saul (an evil man who’s name meant “man of shame”) instead of David the true king of Israel. Chronicles 3:4, 2 Samuel 5:5, and Hebron was given to Caleb – a gentile – who took upon himself and his people the God of Israel. When David was crowned as king in Hebron when he was 33 years old, the land was filled with Jews and Gentiles, later known as the Samaritans. David reigned over the gentiles/mixed people of Hebron for 7 years and 6 months while the man of shame ruled over Jerusalem, then it could be assumed that Jesus will also rule over the gentiles for 7 years and 6 months running contiguously with the 70th week of Daniel while the man of sin is ruling the world and 6 months after. You can find out that Caleb was a gentile in Joshua 14:13-14. He was a Kenizzite which was not a Jewish tribe (see Genesis 15:19). The reason he represented the tribe of Judah is because Judah was cursed for laying with his daughter in law Tamar in Genesis 38. In Deuteronomy 23:2 you find that no one born illegitimately can enter the assembly of the Lord, even to the 10th generation. Perez was the first of this line. In Ruth 4:12 we find a strange “blessing” spoken to Ruth and Boaz – may your house be like Perez. Weird. May your house be like a bastard child??? Well keep reading. In Ruth 4:18-22 we find that the tenth generation was ended with the birth of David, who later became king, and through the line of which Jesus would be born! The reason Caleb was the rep for Judah is that the curse had not been lifted from Judah for his infidelity yet. According to Numbers 2 it was Nashon the son of Amminadab who was head of the tribe of Judah, but there were 4 more generations of curse left to go. The Word of the LORD is infallible! My opinion is that from the rapture – and/or beginning of 70th week of Daniel to the crowning of Jesus as ruler of ALL will be 7 years and 6 months – or 2700 days. In chapter 3 of 2 Samuel you see that there is a war going on with the man of shame during the time that David reigns in Hebron. In 2 Samuel 5 David won the war and conquers the kingdom of Israel. Then the Jews finally accepted David as king. I see this as a type of Jesus, when Jesus returns and wins the war against the man of sin in the last days, the people of Israel will accept Jesus as their Messiah and King. Again, I could be wrong. But David was anointed as king of Israel – not just the gentiles/mixed people of Hebron – after 7 years and 6 months. Keep this in mind for later… I may not be correct but I see a pattern.
15. The 70th week of Daniel is 2520 days – no more, no less. There is a strange amendment to that in Daniel 12:10-13. In response to “what will be the outcome of all these things?” God gives the response from the time the sacrifice is abolished/Abomination of Desolation set up there will be 1290 days, and blessed is he who waits and attains the 1335 days. We know from Daniel 9:27 it is “in the midst of the week” and from Revelation 13 the image is set up and there are 42 months (1260 days) left. Also we know from Matthew 24 that when they see the Abomination of Desolation spoken of in Matthew 9 (and then says let the reader understand so don’t read it unless you intend to understandJ) that everyone in JUDEA is to flee to the wilderness immediately. In Revelation 12:6 God specifies that the time they will spend in the wilderness is 1260 days. Ok, so from the 1260th day of the 2520 day 70th week of Daniel until the “outcome of all these things” will be 1290 days. Meaning the 70th week plus one month. But blessed is he who attains the 1335 days, which is another 45 days, or 75 days after the 2520th day of the 70th week of Daniel. Follow me?
16. What begins the count of 2520 days? Daniel 9:26,27 The “the people of the prince who is to come destroys the temple” (which was the Syrian King Antiochus Epiphanes who in 168 BC set up an altar to Jupiter and slaughtered a pig in the Holy of Holies.) will confirm THE COVENANT with “the many” an idiom for Israel (however in Psalm 83 it makes mention of who “the many” could be and they are all Muslim nations, so perhaps we are wrong about the interpretation of “the many”) for 7 years. The rapture does not begin the 70th week of Daniel. The rapture is the fulfillment of Romans 11:25 when “the full number of Gentiles be come in.” Where do they come in or go to? Through the open door! To heaven! Then God re-focuses His attention on Israel. They still have 7 years or 2520 days to go. What is the purpose of the 70th week of Daniel? There are 6 given. In Daniel 9:24 we are told: 1. To finish transgression, 2. To put an end to sin, 3. To atone for wickedness, 4. To bring in everlasting righteousness, 5. To seal up vision and prophecy, 6. To anoint the most holy. Did Christ not make an end to transgression, sin, and wickedness at the cross? Of course! BUT – only for those who believe in Him during the church age and are purchased by His blood. Israel still does not acknowledge their Messiah. They are not under grace by their own choosing. Therefore these 6 things must still take place. They are directed at Israel – not the church – as explained in the beginning of the verse – “for YOUR people and YOUR holy city” Daniel was a Jewish man from the tribe of Judah. The 70th week is specifically for the people of Israel, and this fact is reiterated in Romans 11.
17. Secondary confirmation that the 70th week has started will be the 2 witnesses coming to Jerusalem and preaching for 1260 days. I believe they’re Moses and Elijah because they have the power to stop it from raining and turn the water to blood and bring in every plague – the exact same things Moses and Elijah did while they were living on earth. (See Revelation 11:6) Since in Matthew 24 it says that the kingdom must be preached to all nations, and then the end will come, it makes sense that when the 2 witnesses die the entire world sees them and rejoices in their death. With the technology we have now in cell phones, the internet, satellite tv, etc. it is not surprising to think that every person would be able to see and hear the witnesses while they’re alive as well. I’d certainly post them on YouTube!! Also there is an angel in Revelation 14:6 that preaches the gospel to every nation, tribe, language and people just before the “Day of the LORD” when Jesus comes to fight His enemies, just before the grapes of wrath harvest.
18. *Opinion* I believe the reason the extra dates are given is because we have been misunderstanding the return of Jesus. When Jesus comes back, the last place He steps is the Mount of Olives – not the first place. See Isaiah 63. He comes from Bozrah with His garments stained with blood. He has “tread the winepress alone.” Where else do we see a winepress spoken of in relation to the last days? Revelation 14:17-20. Where is Bozrah? It was the capital city of Edom and is located in the “country” of Jordan today. Why is this interesting? Because the only place in the entire world that is not under the control of the Man of Sin aka Antichrist is in Daniel 11:41 – Edom, Moab, and the foremost of the sons of Ammon. That today is Jordan. Also in Jordan is the city of Petra where many believe is the place prepared for the people of Israel during the 2nd half of the 70th week of Daniel called “the time of Jacob’s trouble.” And Bozrah isn’t the only place that is destroyed. Babylon – the actual city in the plain of Shinar is also destroyed in one hour in Revelation 18. The entire focus of the Bible in the 70th week of Daniel and beyond is Israel and its surrounding neighbors. Here are just a few examples: Isaiah 63, Ezekiel 25, Joel 3, Amos 9, Amos 1, Daniel 11, Ezekiel 32, Jeremiah 49, Isaiah 34, Isaiah 21, Obadiah 1, Habakkuk 3, Isaiah 19, Isaiah 17 and Ezekiel 38. Whew!! Do you wonder what all these places have in common? They are MUSLIM NATIONS. *Opinion* The last beast/kingdom, the kingdom the “Antichrist” emerges from, is the Muslim kingdom, the eastern leg of the roman empire.
19. In Daniel 2 we are given the history of the kingdoms of this earth in advance. However, previous to Babylon were 2 dead kingdoms – Egypt and Assyria. Daniel explains Nebuchadnezzar’s dream as 4 kingdoms. Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece, and Rome. BUT Rome you see has 2 legs. This is absolutely correct. The western leg was stationed in Rome and the eastern leg was stationed in Constantinople, and that one outlived the western one by 1000 years. It was the one that changed into the Muslim kingdom (Ottoman) which had control of Jerusalem until 1967. The problem with most theories about the final dictator coming from western Europe denies all other types of the final dictator in scripture – Pharoah, Nimrod, Nebuchadnezzar… they were all Arab nations. Gentile descendants of Ishmael, Esau, Moab and Ammon. All enemies of Israel and all conquerors of the known world. Yes the western leg of Rome was the one who threw down the temple in 70AD, but the people of the prince to come whose type was Antiochus Epiphanes were Syrian – not Roman.
20. The Bible names the future man of sin “The Assyrian” in Micah 5:5, Isaiah 10, 24, 14 and 30, Ezekiel 31, Jeremiah 50,51, and Zechariah 5:5 holds the key to understanding how Babylon rises to power again in the last days. So, according to the Bible, the man of sin is Assyrian or Syrian in today’s language (regions of Syria, Iran, Iraq) and makes his capital Babylon. This becomes the center for world trade according to Revelation 18 and is destroyed in one hour toward the end of the 70th week. Now, many great scholars have interpreted Mystery Babylon mother of Harlots as the Catholic Church. I wholeheartedly agree – here’s why. *Opinion* The first world civilization was Egypt but every false religion can be traced back to Babylon, not just the city but the civilization which Nimrod was king of and built the tower of Babel. When one researches the practices of Christianity today – Easter, Christmas, and the Catholic everything, and cross references it with the traditions of Babylon the culture, everything matches us very disturbingly well. For instance, all Christmas and Easter traditions come from this. Why is it this way? Well, when Egypt fell the priests migrated to Babylon in Assyria. When Assyria reigned they were under the guidance of Nimrod and some think he was a Nephilim or a Rephaim or an Anakim, all terms for an angel/man hybrid. I agree with this. He had knowledge of things he shouldn’t have. The priests of that religion, through the millennia, have simply moved over to where the money is. From Egypt to Assyria which morphed into Babylon, then to Medo-Persia, then Greece, then Rome. Always integrating the culture of the conquering empire into the base of their existing rites. The Roman Catholic Church is simply the Babylonian Priesthood disguised (very vaguely) as Christianity. They are in fact, not Christian, but pagan.
21. Tying points 18 and 19 together: Babylon exists today in Rome “on the city of seven hills where she sits” – Revelation 17. The only city called the city of seven hills is Rome. So, Rome is clearly implicated. However, Zechariah 5 shows us that “Wickedness will be set upon her base in the land of Shinar” which to me means that the Roman Catholic Babylonian religion will move with the money to the new capital of Babylon under the regime of the final world leader. We also know that the woman (the RC Church) rides the beast but is separate from the beast, and the 10 heads of the beast kill her in the end. So, we can see that the RC religion will be destroyed by the last kingdom, most likely when the AC proclaims himself as god, indwelt by Satan, and breaks the false peace and begins to invade Jerusalem and “break the power of the holy people.”
22. Jesus tells us that “as in the days of Noah so shall the coming of the Son of Man be.” This is in Matthew 24 which is not talking about the rapture but of the second coming. So, what were the days of Noah like? Genesis 6 spells it out for us. Angel/man hybrids were around both before and after the flood (the men of renown, the Titans or the gods of the Greek Mythologies) and the earth was filled with violence. So during the last 7 years there will again be the same thing. God says that after the church is gone and the restrainer is removed the lawless one will be revealed as we’re told in 2 Thessalonians 2. Can you imagine what the world will be like when the church is gone? Things are bad now, but could you imagine the world without the church here? **shiver** He warns us of a great deception coming down to deceive those left behind. With all that we’re hearing about aliens seeding our planet and coming to help usher us into the new age, and knowing that they are not beings from another planet but based on the evidence they are inter-dimensional beings – namely demonic or malevolent entities - and with all the genetic manipulation human scientists are meddling in, who’s to say that this won’t make up, at least in part, the great delusion? What makes me think this strongly is the messages Satan has been putting out there that when millions of people disappear from the earth it isn’t the rapture, it’s the removal of those who’s vibrations weren’t suitable for the new age. Ha! Nice try.
Ok, now before I get into hypothesizing about Jesus’ return I just want to clear something up. A lot of people look at Matthew 24:36 “no one knows the day or the hour” in reference to the rapture and therefore insisting that this type of hypothesizing is worthless at best or heresy at worst. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Let’s look at the context. Verse 34 and 35 are talking about heaven and earth passing away. Then Jesus says of THAT day and hour no one knows. What day and hour? The day and our heaven and earth pass away. When does that happen? After the 1000 year reign of Christ, the final rebellion, and the great white throne judgment, of course. Why is that day or hour unknowable? Because #1 we don’t need to know it and #2 the Bible simply says in Revelation 20 that “Satan must be released for a short time” but no dates or signs or anything is given to us. This is what Jesus is referring to in Matthew 24:36 if for no other reason than grammatical context. In the very next breath he talks about the final harvest after the glorious appearing, building on what he said in verses 29-31. This chapter is obviously speaking of the final 7 years, the glorious appearing, the final harvest, and I believe the sheep and goat judgment in Matthew 25:31-45. This is the judgment of those who are alive at His coming and those who died in Christ after the end of the church age. Revelation points this out in 20:4-6 that only those who were killed in Christ during the 70th week of Daniel are resurrected at this time. Those who were killed in sin from the foundation of the world through the 1000 year reign of Christ will not be resurrected until the Great White Throne Judgment of Revelation 20:11-15.
Now, on to my hypothesizing. Again, I reiterate that I am not asserting that my conclusions are correct. Only that from my extensive research and limited understanding, these are the conclusions I have arrived at. If anyone sees holes in my research or can see something I’ve missed that would alter my conclusions, I welcome that input so that I am not left in ignorance but can truly understand God’s word with the help of wise counsel from greater people of God than I.
According to Pastor Armstrong, the first 6000 years of creation ends in 2017. If you would like a count I can forward it to you. I have personally counted from Adam to Jacob’s death and I can tell you that our findings to that point match up perfectly, and I have not continued the count past that. I am relying on his information for this.
So – 2520 days is the 70th week of Daniel.
30 days after that ends, the “conclusion of these things” is known.
45 days after that is a special blessing.
105 days after that Jesus is crowned King on Second Passover 2018.
What must take place from the 2520th day of Daniel to the 2700th day? Let’s look at the scriptures. But first, let’s look at the Feasts yet to be fulfilled for a clue.
9/21/17 – Trumpets – According to Matthew 24 the sign of the Son of Man will be seen in the sky, meaning they will see Jesus there and mourn, and the angels with Him will gather His elect from the 4 winds with a loud trumpet call. Notice it doesn’t say that He sets foot in Jerusalem yet. Only that He is in the sky, people mourn, and His elect are gathered together. I presume that this is when Jesus removes His faithful from the earth before He begins the Day of Vengeance. Note that there are 10 days until Atonement.
10 Days of Awe between Trumpets and Atonement. – During these 10 days is when I believe Jesus annihilates His enemies personally. Those in the area surrounding Israel – Bosrah, Edom, Ammon, Egypt, Turkey, etc. During this time the AC gathers the armies of the world to Armageddon to fight against Jesus. Ezekiel 39, Revelation 19.
9/30/17 – Atonement – the day Jesus sets foot on the Mount of Olives and destroys the armies of the Antichrist with the brightness of His coming. Cleanup of bodies begins. Coming Jubilee year is proclaimed.
10/5/17 – Tabernacles – When Jesus makes His home with men Perhaps construction of the new temple begins.
10/12/17 – Shemini Atzaret (the 8th day) – Not sure, but this marks the beginning of the rainy season in Israel after the harvest.
4/20/18 – Passover (1st) – body cleanup still taking place, unable to be celebrated. It has already been fulfilled with Christ’s first coming.
5/2/10 – Passover (2nd) – The celebration of Passover after the body cleanup of Ezekiel 39 is over. Jesus is crowned and anointed as King and rules and reigns on the earth for 1000 years. Jubilee year begins the 7000th year of this earth, bringing to full circle all prophecy. Wow. The “7th day” rest of God and Israel begins.
So *Opinion* Counting backward 2700 days (give or take 2 or so) from 5/2/18 brings us to the start date for the 70th week to begin on 12/10/10. That makes the last day of the 70th week end on 11/3/17 and the mid-point of the week (when the AofD is set up in the temple) would fall around 5/23/14 or just before Pentecost.
So if the 2520th day ends on or around 11/3/17 that means –
+30 would be 12/3/17 (1290th day) About 2 months after the feast of Tabernacles. Not sure about what could occur on this day. Perhaps the temple is finished and rededicated this day. Or perhaps this is the day when Satan is bound for 1000 years.
+45 after that would be 1/17/18 (1335th day) Perhaps this is when the judgment of those who died in Christ during the Tribulation period ends.
Body cleanup still going on…
5/2/18 – Jubilee year begins and Jesus crowned as King.
Ezekiel 39 is the key to why I think there will be yet 7 months after the 70th week is over until the coronation of Jesus, or at least, the beginning of the Millennial Kingdom. God defeats Turkey and the other armies (sounds like the final wave of Armageddon to me because it says the birds feast on their flesh) and it says that for 7 months specially trained men will take care of the bodies. It also says that if a traveller passes by and sees a bone they are to mark it and let the trained men dispose of it. They will bury the dead in a dedicated valley. First of all that sounds like radio-active clean-up instructions and it’s interesting that the Ezekiel 38 war gives Israel 7 years’ worth of fuel and the Ezekiel 39 war gives them 7 months’ worth of hazardous body cleanup. So if you take 11/3/17 and add 180 days, that lands you right at the 2nd Pentecost on 5/18/18. Making 7 months total from Atonement when the final battle is fought by Jesus and body cleanup begins.
Precursors to the Tribulation:
Ezekiel 38 (Possibly)
1 Thessalonians 4
These don’t necessarily have to happen before the beginning of the 70th week aka Tribulation except 1 Thessalonians 4 and Rev 1-4. Those definitely come to pass before the 70th week. Personally, I think The Psalm 83, Isaiah 17, and Ezekiel 38 happen in roughly that order. Psalm 83 speaks of Muslim nations making a covenant against God, Isaiah 17 and Ezekiel 38 both speak of Northern countries coming to take “plunder and spoil” from those who live in security in un-walled villages. Obviously Jerusalem is not un-walled at the moment nor are Israelis living in “peace and safety” today. Perhaps the Psalm 83 war happens just before the 70th week starts, flattening Jerusalem’s city walls and ushering in the 7 year covenant which leads to false peace and Israel dwelling “safely in their land” for a short time. Then it looks like the war of the 2nd seal judgment could be the Isaiah 17/Ezekiel 38 war.
Now, some people believe that the rapture is to happen in the middle of the feast of Hanukkah this year, but I disagree. First, here’s the reasoning put forth by those who believe it. In Revelation 1:12-13 Jesus is seen standing in the midst of the lampstands. People take this and translate it as the menorah of Hanukkah. Hanukkah is in the Bible, only it’s called the Feast of Dedication in John 10:22-42. So while it is not a Feast of the Lord is a Feast that Jesus Himself recognized. It celebrates the Maccabean revolt and the rededication of the temple in 168BC. They only had enough holy oil for the lamp to last for one day, but miraculously the oil burned for 8 days, just enough time for them to press and consecrate more oil.
Here is why I disagree with a Hanukkah rapture. In Revelation 1 John sees Jesus standing in the midst of 7 lamps – the Hanukkah menorah has 8 branches and a servant branch in the middle for a total of 9. The symbolism doesn’t match. Plus, in Revelation 1 John is still on the earth, having a vision of these things. Then Jesus tells Him that the 7 lamps are the 7 churches and to write a letter to each one, and they are obviously still on the earth because not only were they 7 actual churches they describe the 7 church ages that have passed from Christ to now. It just doesn’t fit. Also after those things – the 7 churches and their letters – John sees a door standing open in Heaven and is called up to Heaven by a trumpet sound and a voice, the same wordage as we find in 1 Thessalonians 4:16 which is a rapture scenario. John now finds himself before the throne of God and the church is there with him. The church is called the Bride of Christ and Kings and Priests in the scriptures, and they sing a song before the throne where they identify themselves as Kings and Priests, purchased by the blood of the Lamb.
So, the only correlation I can see at all is that in John 10:1-18 just before the Feast of Dedication, Jesus is teaching about being the shepherd and being the door. It seems to me that if the rapture is to happen around Hanukkah it will be after it is finished. If you relate the branches of the menorah to the days of Hanukkah this year you see that 12/2 is the first day, then 12/9 is the last day of the celebration, making the most likely time for rapture coming after this.
If you’ve been paying attention you see something intriguing! According to my hypothesis of the 70th week of Daniel beginning on 12/10/10, that puts it beginning the day after Hanukkah.
It would make sense for the enemies of Israel to attack again during one of their feasts. So maybe the Psalm 83 war happens then. It was during this feast in John 10 where Christ asserts His deity and the Jews tried to stone Him. Perhaps it is during this feast, or shortly after it, that the blindness pronounced on Israel by Jesus is lifted and they can finally see their Messiah and worship Him! That would be a reason to celebrate indeed!!!
So, in conclusion:
For Jesus to return and proclaim the Jubilee year the rapture must come on or before 12/10 (give or take a few days for new moon sightings) of this year, 2010. If it does not happen then I and many other people have completely misunderstood the patterns of God as set forth in the Bible and are misguided as to our understanding of the Jubilee year and the 7000th year of creation. I don’t believe this to be the case. However, if it doesn’t happen this year and we are indeed correct in our understanding of the Jubilee year beginning the 1000 year reign of Christ, then the next possible timeframe for the 70th week of Daniel to begin would be in 2060, 7 years before the Jubilee of 2067/2068. Unfortunately this is the date arrived at by Isaac Newton who admittedly was smarter than anyone I know or have learned from, and much more intelligent than I am. I guess time will tell.
I don’t think we can last another 50 years, and I don’t think we have to. Based on the words of Jesus Himself in Matthew 24 that the generation who sees Israel birthed will not pass until all be fulfilled, I think now is the time. It’s been 63 years since Israel was born. If we have to wait another 50 for the last 7 to start that would mean that the generation would have to last for 113 years to see it begin and 120 years to see if completed, and there is no Biblical precedent for that number. Also, even with our advanced technologies life rarely lasts 120 years.
I hope I have given you something to think about and as a watchwoman have alerted you to the coming of our Lord very soon! Get your houses in order, repent of all sin, focus on God and lift up your heads for your redemption is near!!!
One thing is certain - we cannot manipulate the scriptures to say what we want them to say. Just because the book of Daniel doesn't specify the 2nd half of the 70th week being 1260 days is no reason to start manipulating the text. By definition the 70th week is 7 years of 360 days. Adding the 30 and the 45 to that time period is an exercise in futility. All scripture works together so we must take the definitions found in Revelation together with the 9th chapter of Daniel to get a complete picture. The 30 and 45 extra days (75 total) is given in response to a question and outside of the 70th week prophecy. It seems evident to me that we are to place them outside of the 2520 days specified by numerous passages in scripture.
-In Christ, April
29d 19h 47m
29d 18h 48m
29d 16h 06m
29d 12h 45m
29d 9h 51m
29d 7h 55m
29d 7h 04m
29d 7h 10m
29d 8h 04m
29d 9h 46m
29d 12h 15m
29d 15h 18m
29d 18h 08m
True new moon will likely be 2 days after the day indicated on above chart. This means the first sliver of the moon will be sighted from Israel.
March 19th 1st day of 1st month which makes 1st Passover 4/2/2018 (Give or take a day or 2)
April 18th 1st day of 2nd month making 2nd Passover 5/2/2018 (Give or take a day or 2)