I will continue with the Biblical evidence that supports the "Pre-Tribulation Truth" view. Each of these points can be logically, exegeted theologically and practically viewed as an integral part of the Pre-Tribulaton Rapture doctrine. We pick up with the massive evidence for our Pre-Trib belief where I left off in my last post:
151. The Holy Ones who return with Christ Jesus are not angels. The Holy Ones are arrayed in fine white linen which is the righteousness of the saints (the Bride/Church). -(Revelation 19:8; Revelation 3:5; and Revelation 3:18).
152. Jesus opened His ministry in His first coming in Luke 4:18-19, quoting from the prophet Isaiah. He stopped reading after saying "the acceptable year of the Lord" in the middle of a sentence, and shut the scroll. Jesus' ministry in His first coming opened a concept of a time frame or "Gap" in where God's Grace was operating through the Bride/Church during a period we refer to as the Age of Grace or the Age of the Church. I discussed the idea that God used "Gaps" in Scripture, actually no fewer than 24 specific examples in Scripture to transcend the Old and New Testament. I included the list when I did a series of posts exposing the SDA misunderstanding of Scripture on Daniel's 70th Week. Folks have no idea of what is taking place, or just what the Lord was saying and doing in this example. The implications of this particular verse are huge. I will include the list again here:
1. Daniel 9:26
2. Psalm 34:12-16 - goes with 1st Peter 3:10-12
3. Psalm 118:22
4. Isaiah 53:`10
5. Isaiah 9:6
6. Lamentation 4:20, 21
7. Isaiah 61:2 - goes with Luke 4:18-20
8. Daniel 11:20-21
9. Hosea 2:13, 14
10. Hosea 3:4, 5
11. Amos 9:10-11
12. Micah 5:2, 3
13. Habakak 2:13, 14
14. Zephaniah 3:7,8
15. Zechariah 9:9, 10
16. Matthew 10:23
17. Matthew 12:20
18. Luke 1:1, 32
19. Luke 4:18-20 - goes with Isaiah 61:1, 2
20. Luke 21:24
21. John 1:5, 6
22. 1st Peter 1:11
23. 1st Peter 3:10-12 - goes with Psalms 34:12-16
24. Revelation 12:5, 6
153. In Isaiah 61:1-2, the prophecy of Isaiah finishes where Jesus left off. After "the acceptable year of the Lord" (Grace - the Age of the Church) is the day of vengeance of our God after the Church age the Tribulation will come, i.e., "the day of vengeance of our God". We can better understand how God used Typology of the Bride/Church and the Pre-Tribulation Rapture which are so entwined in the New Testament text, then that day will come,with the Pre-Tribulation Rapture. This is one of the most important or key passages that refutes Preterism that teaches all the prophecies were fulfilled in the first century AD!
154. Revelation 4:1 opens with "After this I looked, and behold a door was opened in Heaven and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me (the trumpet voice of Christ Jesus -(Revelation 1:10), which said, Come up hither, and I will show you things which must come hereafter." "After this" and "hereafter" are the same Greek word "Meta tauta" which means "after these things". What things? After the things of the seven churches (the complete church age) in Revelation 2 and 3. Christ Jesus will call "Come up hither" with His trumpet voice, the trump of God, and the Church, like John, will go through an open door in Heaven, in a Pre-Tribulation Rapture! The syntax structure is highly evident order or process! Plus, the Holy Spirit repeated "hereafter" two times to make this abundantly clear, it is Pre-Tribulational! No other Rapture position has such a comprehensive basis as the Pre-Tribulation doctrine.
155. A door is shut behind some believers in Isaiah 26:19-20. Isaiah 26:19 shows the resurrection from the dead. Isaiah 26:20 shows the translation (Rapture) of those who are alive. "Come My people, enter you into your chambers (mansions), and shut your door about you, hide yourself as it were for a little moment (seven years) unto the indignation (God's wrath upon the rebellious disobedient world) is done". The Rapture of the Bride/Church is never mentioned in the events of the Second Coming, when Jesus sets His feet on the Earth. How can people miss this?
156. All believers in the Bride/Church must appear before the Judgment Seat of Christ -(2nd Corinthians 5:10). This event is never mentioned in the events of the Second Coming, when Jesus sets His feet on the Earth.
157. The 24 Elders in Revelation 4 and 5 are representative of a Raptured and glorified Bride/Church.
158. The 24 Elders in Revelation cannot be angels. Angels do not wear crowns. Angels don't sit with God to rule and reign. Determination of the 24 elders can be based strictly on their specific descriptions.
159. Elders in the Bible is a term always used to describe Church leadership.
160. The Greek word for Elders is "presbuteros" and has been used by the Church a term for the "Presbytery" ever since Acts 2.
161. The number '24' in 1st Chronicles 24:1-31 was used by David to divide the Priesthood into 24 courses because they had grown so large. The term "courses" refer to the groups or "shifts" that performed the various duties in Temple worship. When 24 leaders of the "courses" or "shifts" met before David's throne, the whole priesthood was represented. The 24 Elders represent the entire Church before God's throne. This a picture of the Church as the equivalent of Old Testament priests.
162. The number '24' is also viewed as the Church being made up of both Jews and Gentiles, the 12 tribes of Israel, and the 12 Apostles of the Church, combined for a total of 24.
163. The text reads the Elders were sitting down, a sign the work on Earth was done. In other words, the age of the Church/Grace is done.
164. The Elders are sitting on thrones, whereas the Church is seated on "Thrones" as KIngs.
165. The Elders are described as wearing 'specific' white garment. The Bride/Church is promised white garments. -(Revelation 3:4-5 and Revelation 3:18). That our garments are to be washed and spotless are seen in Ephesians 5:26-27; Titus 3:5; 1st Peter 3:14; Jude 1:23; and Revelation 1:5.
166. The Elders wear crowns, which are "Stephanos" crowns, given for overcoming and gaining a victory (for finishing the race). The same kind of crowns are given to the Bride/Church, noted in 1st Corinthians 9:25-27; 1st Thessalonians 2:19-20; 2nd Timothy 4:8; James 1:12; 1st Peter 5:4; Revelation 2:10; Revelation 3:11.
167. The Elders wear crowns of gold. Gold in the Bible is always symbolic of kingship. This shows the Bride/Church as kings in the Bible.
168. In Revelation 5:1-14, the Elders sing a new song of their redemption as seen in the KJV Bible, where the Elders sing of being saved by the blood of the Lamb, Jesus Christ. Salvation alone is of the Lord, and by His blood, not the blood of the Bride/Church.
169. The Elders are saved out of every kindred, tongue, people, and nation on Earth. The Bride/Church is predominantly Gentile that are called out of the world. Messianic Jewish believers constitute a very small percentage of the Bride/Church in the world today.
170. In Ezekiel and Daniel we find similar descriptions of heaven as shown in the Revelation except for one thing. The Old Testament prophets did not see 24 Elders. Why? The Bride/Church is a "mystery", defined by Paul in 1st Corinthians 15:51. This is further delineation between Israel and the Church.
171. The Great Multitude of Revelation 7:9-10 are not the Bride/Church. Why? Their descriptions are completely different.
172. The Great Multitude stands before God's throne. The 24 Elders of the Bride/Church sit on thrones.
173. The Great Multitude wear white robes, in Greek the word is "stoles". The 24 Elders wear white raiment, in Greek the word is "himation". There is huge difference.
174. The Great Multitudes hold palm branches in their hands (just like the Jews did when they celebrated Jesus riding into Jerusalem on a donkey foal). The 24 Elders have "Stephanos" crowns on their heads, given for winning a race and obtaining a victory.
175. The Great Multitude cry with a loud voice. The 24 Elders of the Bride/Church sing a new song.
176. The Great Multitude come out of Great Tribulation (the last half of the Tribulation). The 24 Elders come out of the Age of Grace/Church.
177. The Great Multitude serve God day and night in His Temple. The 24 Elders of the Bride/Church rule and reign with Christ Jesus.
178. God will spread His Tabernacle over the Great Multitude, another reference to Israel and Old Testament.
179. God wipes the tears out of the eyes of the Great Multitude. Why? To console them after they have died a martyr's death in the Tribulation. The Bride/Church will rejoice with joy unspeakable at the time of the Pre-Tribulation Rapture. -(1st Thessalonians 2:19).
180. The group pictured on the sea of glass mingled with fire before God's throne in Revelation 15:2-4 are NOT the Bride/Church.
181. The group before the throne in Revelation 15:1-8 obtained victory over the beast when they died and went to Heaven. The Bride/Church will never meet or see the Beast.
182. The group before the throne in Revelation 15:1-8 have the harps of God. The 24 Elders have no harps, but they do wear "Stephanos" crowns as a reward for overcoming the world.
183. The group before the throne in Revelation 15:1-8, sing the song of Moses, which again shows the Israel and Old Testament emphasis, apart from the Bride/Church. The 24 Elders of the Bride/Church sing a new song of their redemption through the blood of Christ Jesus, obtained during the age of God's Grace in the Church.
184. Only the Pre-Tribulation Rapture position shows a distinction between the coming "Seven Year Tribulation" and "Tribulation in general", a general trouble which plagues the world right now and which everyone experiences. Daniel 9:27, the 70th Week, defines the "Tribulation period" Romans 8:18, defines the "general" suffering and tribulation of this present time in the Church Age; Jesus Christ also mentions it in John 16:33. There's a huge difference between what happens now and what will happen in the "Seven year Tribulation".
185. The "time of tribulation" is properly understood in the Pre-Tribulation view as a preparation for the restoration of Israel based on Deuteronomy 4:29-30; Jeremiah 30:4-11; Daniel 9:24-27; and Daniel 12:1-2.
187. The Tribulation is separated into categories - "the beginning of sorrows" precedes with (the first three-and-a-half years), "the Abomination of Desolation" (the Mid-Trib. period), and "the Great Tribulation" (the last three-and-a-half years, and the Second Coming itself: -Daniel 9:27; Matthew 24:15-20; Matthew 24:23-28; Matthew 24:29-31).
187. The Seven-Seal scroll in Revelation parallels what Jesus described in "the beginning of sorrows". False messiahs -(Matthew 24:4) and Antichrist -(Revelation 6:1-2); Wars and rumors of wars -(Matthew 24:6-7) and Revelation 6:3-4); Famines -(Matthew 24:7) and (Revelation 6:5-6); Pestilences -(Matthew 24:7) and -(Revelation 6:7-8); Martyrdom of saints -(Matthew 24:9-14) and Revelation 6:9-11); Earthquakes in diverse places -(Mathew 24;7) and -(Revelation 6:12-17).
188. Understanding the "birth pangs" symbol is the start of the "Tribulation" which brings the Earth into actual labor. They are why we see "birth pangs" signs right now, even the Pre-Trib. Remember that a pregnant woman knows her labor is "near" well before the actual onset of it. The world of today is exceedingly swollen in pregnancy (evil), ready to give birth the Kingdom of Christ Jesus. Like a woman that may have or experience Braxton Hicks pains, contractions that are not actual labor, so also, we see the world doing the same thing (as the actual labor of the "Tribulation" as it draws very near). Every time an earthquake hits, which had been daily here lately, a pregnant woman will be thinking, "Oh, here's another Braxton Hicks, and my bags are packed, I'm ready to move out of here." "Braxton Hicks" pains is the term for "false" labor pains. Expecting parents know well this from having experienced such "false" labor pains.
189. The "Abomination of Desolation" in Matthew 24:25-30 parallels Daniel 9:27 and Revelation 12:6 and 12:13-17. Matthew 24 and 25 (the Olivet Discourse) is not about the Bride/Church, but about Israel. Jesus Christ had no reason to address the course of history for the Bride/Church with a definitive chronological list, to even mention the concept of a Rapture. He was addressing the destiny of Israel in disbelief. Through the use of a series of Parables Jesus Christ was stressing the urgency to "watch, wait, and be at work" in the Lord's work.
190. The "Great Tribulation" of Matthew 24:20-28 parallels Daniel 12:1, plus Revelation 8, 9, and 16 (omitting some details) from Revelation 11, 13, 14, 15, 17 and 18 that are too confusing for this listing to present a potential chronology.
191. The "Second Coming" in Matthew 24:28-31 parallels Isaiah 63:1-6; Zechariah 14:1-7, and Zechariah 14:12-15, and Revelation 19:1-21.
192. What is the purpose of "The Tribulation"? 2nd Thessalonians 1:8 informs the Bride/Church that those who have troubled us, who have persecuted us, martyred some of us, and have plagued us with all manner of its will, and to receive from God recompense (repay), and vengeance, for what they do. The enemies will be repaid or recompensed with "Tribulation" (in the time of God's wrath) for having given the Bride/Church severe trouble while she (Jesus' Bride) was on the Earth. The enemies also receive judgment for standing against Israel. "The Tribulation", that is "THE TRIBULATION" is for the Apple of God's Eye - Disobedient Israel, and a God-rejecting world.
193. The Tribulation is called a Day of Wrath in the Bible -(Zephaniah 1:15), but the Bible also says "God has NOT appointed us (the Bride/Church) to wrath". -(1st Thessalonians 5:9).
194. The Tribulation is called a Day of Wrath, but the Bible says Christ Jesus "has delivered us from the wrath to come" -(delivering the Bride/Church from the Tribulation period) -(1st Thessalonians 1:10).
195. In Scripture, the "Seven year Tribulation" is called "The Day of the Lord", "That Day", "The Indignation", "The Days of Vengeance of Our God". The Bible also clearly teaches that the Tribulation will fall upon unbelievers, while the Bride/Church is delivered from "that day" -(1st Thessalonians 5:2-10). The word "day" is a general term which could be 24-hours or even longer. The idea of Daniel's 70th Week is inductively deduced but not without great support, such all references to the completion of the previous 69 weeks in chronology, units of 7 and 62.
196. Contrary to the Mid-Trib and Pre-Wrath belief, the Pre-Tribulation Rapture position offers an adequate explanation for the beginning of the Tribulation in Revelation . Mid-Trib and Pre-Wrath positions are clearly refuted by the plain teachings of Scripture, which shows that the Wrath of God actually begins long before the 7th Trumpet in Revelation 11!
197. The wrath of God begins with the First Seal on the Scroll, opened at the Throne of God in His series of judgments. The scroll reveals calamities and events that will transpire on the Earth. The appearance of Antichrist brings heightened Satanic activity. Immediately followed, in quick succession, by wars, famines, pestilences, death and hell, martyrdom of Tribulation saints, a huge earthquake, plus fearful sights and signs in heaven.
198. The Tribulation is NOT "days as usually understood". 1st Thessalonians 5:2-3 clearly shows "the Day of the Lord" as sudden destruction. Revelation 6:1-8 clearly shows that even as the Antichrist promises "peace", he will be unable to do as he says and pleases.
199. In the opening of the 4th Seal of Revelation 6:8, it is revealed that One-Fourth of the Earth's population will die. At today's world population count this would be or close to or over 8-billion people - One-Fourth is a death count of between 1.8 and 2.2-billion! That's a huge quantity, much larger than the worst catastrophe we can name in our current time frame or all of known history. It's definitely not "business as usual" for the Tribulation period for the world. Numerous references support nuclear exchange between nations.
200. The larger understanding of End Times is only meaningful through the Pre-Millennial and Pre-Tribulation Rapture. When the puzzle pieces are assembled and the picture is revealed, you can see the scope for: 1. The sequence of major end time events, 2. The destiny of the three components of humanity, 3. The purpose and length of "The Tribulation", 4. The purpose and significance of the Rapture, 5. The conditions surrounding the 2nd Coming of Christ Jesus, 6. The purpose and length of the Millennium, and lastly 7. The mystery of Eternity. Growing up as a kid, we worked jig-saw puzzles for passing time. It was always exciting to see the last pieces fall into place, and no left over odd pieces.
This brings to a close the fourth part which brings us to a total of 200 specific theological and Biblical points or facts that provides over-whelming evidence supporting the Pre-Tribulation Rapture. Even the protagonists or advocates of the other views cannot even begin to offer the depth and breadth of evidence here-to-fore that supports their view with anywhere near the (Biblical or historical) evidence and we have still more to come in the next segment of "Pre-Tribulation Truth -12".
I am well familiar with all the different points of view offered up by the various different positions and not a one offers any sort of credible collective evidence to even begin to come close to that of a Pre-Millennial, Pre- Tribulational Rapture! To deny or refute the evidence for the Pre-Tribulation Rapture of the Bride/Church is tantamount to denying the Words of Christ Jesus Himself, in Revelation 19:10, where it states, "For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy." I am no Johnny-come-lately at the study of the Word of God. In 53-years, I have put well over a hundred thousand hours in the study of God's Word!
Maranantha, Lord Jesus Come, Quickly,