I regard the attack on the faith of the founding fathers as satanic in origin.
1. Please read at least the preamble to the various (sovereign) STATE constitutions. Vermont's is a particularly good place to start. Bear in mind that the constitutional convention was comprised of a gaggle of Church of England, Baptist, Quaker, Puritan and other denominations too numerous to mention members, all fearful of a state religion being imposed by a central government.
2. Thomas Paine was not a founding father.
3. Did you know that George Washington kept a prayer journal? I keep this prayer posted on my front door for all to see:
Almighty God; We make our ernest prayer that Thou wilt keep the United States in Thy holy protection; that Thou wilt incline the hearts of the citizens to cultivate a spirit of subordination and obedience to government; and entertain a brotherly affection and love for one another and for their fellow citizens of the United States at large. And finally that Thou wilt most graciously be pleased to dispose us all to do justice, to love mercy, and to demean ourselves with that charity, humility, and pacific temper of mind which were the characteristics of the Divine Author of our blessed religion, and without a humble imitation of whose example we can never hope to be a happy nation. Grant our supplication, we beseech Thee, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen
I do not find it remarkable that he may not have participated in communion. I have a hard time with it too. I started off as a Lutheran, and to this day I cannot recall exactly what I was taught in confirmation class beyond the fact that it frightened me to death.
4. At the end of his life Thomas Jefferson responded to a letter from Abigail Adams accusing him of deism. He answered something like this: I am a follower of Jesus Christ
5. If Franklin were not a Christian, he was at least a friend of Christianity. He had nothing against it. There is more myth about Franklin's supposed occultism than I can address, but it is all circumstantial and he addresses it in his own writings.
6. The founding fathers examined every civilization type known and rejected ALL of them! America is NEW! There had never been anything like it before, and there surely will be nothing like it again. Never, ever, had the power of government been held by the people! Never, ever had a government been designed around human nature (which does not change) so that enlightened self interest results in the advancement of all. And so forth.
This nation has been under continuous satanic attack since the git go. By the grace of God it still stands. Thank you, Lord.