The Coming Spring; Time for the Fulfillment of Prophecy?
Michael thank you again for your comments and a very good article. In my post of yesterday there is a link to an article published in prophecy in the news by J.R. Church that refers to Pentecost on this year being on June 8 and that the Egyptians thought that their god the bull (the Antichrist) would arise on the constellation of Taurus at a future date.
Your second link takes us to the chart of the Ox lunar eclipse sequence that seems to point to a significant time, could it be the beginning of the seven year Apocalypse?
Well we can only speculate on these things, there are many signs and things happening in the world at the present time that seem to point to the fulfillment of many of the prophecies in the Bible concerning the end times, specially things concerning Israel and the nations that will be against her.
These are exiting times for the people who are knowledgeable of the prophecies.
Yours in Jesus ChristSubmitted on 2011/03/06 at 8:09 am
Here are my links,
We won’t know until we go, but these are my thoughts on Spring events…
It is not my intention to build a false sense of urgency over a specific date, but only to give remembrance of how God has been faithful in the past and the sure hope that He will be in the future no matter what day it is. So, I don’t recommend putting on your pajamas and waiting on the roof, but I find this interesting enough to share…
April 21st is Nisan 17 “First Fruits”…
Nisan 17 in History, http://www.hebrewforchristians.com
According to the Torah and traditional Jewish interpretation, other events that occurred on Nisan 17 include the following:
1. Noah’s Flood Ended: Gen. 8:4. Note that the seventh month was later designated as the first month at the time of the Exodus (Ex. 12:2). Our new creation in Messiah began on the anniversary of the rebirth of the world.
2. Israel Crossed the Red Sea: Some sages believe that Israel crossed Yam Suf on this date. They reason that from the crossing of the sea to the arrival at Sinai was 47 days (Ex. 19). Three days later would mark the 50th day as the original occasion of Shavuot and the commemoration of the giving of the Torah.
3. The Wave Sheaf offering was made at the Mishkan (and later, at the Temple). This was the first fruit of the Spring barley harvest.
4. Haman was hanged. According to various Jewish authorities, the villain Haman was hanged on the gallows he had specifically prepared for Mordechai the Jew on this date.
5. Yeshua was resurrected on Nisan 17. In 1 Cor. 15:20-23 Paul clearly links the firstfruit offering with the resurrection of Yeshua our Mashiach. Yeshua’s resurrection was like a “wave offering” presented before the Father as the “firstfruits” of the harvest to come! Moreover, Yeshua presented His firstfruits offering to the Father on this day (Matt. 27:52-53). Yeshua is the first-begotten of the Father (Heb. 1:6); the Firstborn of Creation (Col.1:15-16); the first-begotten of the dead (Rev. 1:5) and is the Firstfruits of those who are to be resurrected (1 Cor. 15:20-23).
Baruch HaShem. And just as He is our Firstfruits, so “He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of first fruits of all he created” (James 1:18).
Some interesting parallels…
Isaiah 18 – “before the harvest”, First Fruits begins the Barley Harvest
Psalm 110:3 _ “Day of thy Power”; Christ was raised on First Fruits
Songs 2:10 – “the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth”. This would be after mid April in Jerusalem.
All inhabitants of the world and dwellers on the earth When he lifts up a banner on the mountains, you see it and when he blows a trumpet, you hear it. For so the Lord said to me, “I will take My rest, And I will look from My dwelling place Like clear heat in sunshine, like a cloud of dew in the heat of harvest.” For before the harvest, when the bud is perfect, and the sour grape is ripening in the flower, He will both cut off the sprigs with pruning hooks and take away and cut down the branches
We have been with child, we have been in pain, we have as it were brought forth wind; we have not wrought any deliverance in the earth; neither have the inhabitants of the world fallen. Thy dead men shall live; together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead. Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast. For, behold, the LORD cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.
Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.
My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away. For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land; The fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell. Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away.