Barry Amundsen (15 March 2011)
"Thank you Scribe to Elijah"
Thank you Scribe,
I appreciate you sending the correct link. This is interesting. I have
seen and believe the Ron Wyatt videos showing his discovery of these
caves under the crucifixion site and the location of the Ark and having
the blood of our Lord on the mercy seat. Also he said the angels
brought out the tablets of the Ten Commandments which he saw in the
cave. He said that the angel said that these would again be in force
during the tribulation and they would be publicly displayed and people
would again be seeking to keep them.
I am confused though at the suggestion that to be right with God we
must keep the Ten Commandments and rest on the seventh day because I
believe according to Paul, that in Christ we are credited with Jesus'
righteousness and have thereby fulfilled the whole law by faith in His
finished work. And that any attempt by us to keep the law after faith
in Jesus is wrong because then you are a debtor to all of the law. Was
not this the reason that Paul withstood Peter to the face, because
Peter withdrew himself from eating "unclean things" with the gentiles
when the Jews arrived? Even the observing of certain days over other
days is ok but not necessary as taught by Apostle Paul. He said let not
the one judge the other for these practices or lack thereof... Now, I
do believe that to fail to receive the grace of our Lord and get in on
His offer by ignorantly seeking to establish our own righteousness is
to fail of the grace of God and make shipwreck and falling from grace
we are then held by God responsible for the whole of the law which
would certainly include keeping the proper sabbath day as well as the
ten commandments. But under grace and faith in Jesus I am held as
righteous as Jesus because He was treated as though He had committed my
failure and missed the mark. Therefore I have passed from judgment to
life and am escaped the wrath to come. But I believe that because God
is not willing that any should perish, He is willing to teach the ones
who insist on attempting to approach Him by way of the Old Covenant, of
the impossibility of coming to God that way, by the object lesson of
letting them try one last time before finally seeing that they need to
trust in Jesus and His substitute payment for them. If anyone comes
preaching any other gospel than that of Apostle Paul, he is to be
accursed, is he not? Have I then misunderstood Paul's gospel? Or is
this teaching already here for those that will be left behind?
1. O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye
should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been
evidently set forth, crucified among you?
2. This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
3. Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
4. Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain.
5. He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and
worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by
the hearing of faith?
6. Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
7. Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
8. And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the
heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying,
In thee shall all nations be blessed.
9. So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.
10. For as many as are of the works of the law are under
the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not
in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
11. But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
12. And the law is not of faith: but, the man that doeth them shall live in them.
13. Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law,
being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that
hangeth on a tree:
14. That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles
through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit
Verse 12 says that the man that does the law will live only however
much life he can get by keeping the law but the law brings only death
by showing us our failure be be like God. Satan said knowledge of good
and evil could make us like God but the truth is Satan lied. We died
and only Jesus can give us life again as a free gift that we must
receive by faith in Him who promised it.
So what are the seven Noahide Laws?