Greg Wilson (11 March 2018)
Seventy (70) Years
The following thoughts give me hope as I contemplate the "Day of Christ".
God has always associated seventy (70) year periods with the Hebrew race and His Jewish remnant. God is a God of patterns. I believe these pattern invite us, who search and study the Scriptures of truth, to know and understand the ways of God's dealing with His inheritance. Understanding the future "times and seasons" as God restores the Jewish people in preparation for the "time of Jacob's trouble" causes us to consider our pre-tribulation departure. The "time of Jacob's trouble" is not the time of the Church's trouble.
As we contemplate and anticipate the second order of the first resurrection, the resurrection/rapture of the body of Christ, we must evaluate our position relative to Israel, in God's prophetic plans. Therefore, we may infer the season of our departure. (1 Peter 1:11) I believe we are approaching it this Spring season, the season of Pentecost.
I believe the following is the order of God's prophetic plans for the end of the Age of Pentecost and the relationship to God's 70's:
1. When Jacob went to Egypt, his family consisted of 70 souls;
2. When Judah was delivered into the Babylonian exile, the duration was 70 years;
3. Daniel's 70 weeks prophecy is based on 70's;
a. The first appearance of Messiah Jesus appeared in this prophecy,
b. The second appearance of Messiah Jesus, will appear at its end of the 70th week.
4. In 1878, Yitzhak Goldenhirst, founded Petah Tikva (Door of Hope), a Jewish agricultural settlement in Palestine.
5. Seventy years later, Israel became a nation in 1948.
6. In 1897, Theodore Hertzl held the First Zionist Congress in Basel, Switzerland setting out the goals for a Jewish homeland in Palestine;
7. Seventy years later, in 1967, following the Six Day War, Israel captured and united Jerusalem;
8. In 1917, the Balfour Declaration supported a Jewish homeland in Palestine;
9. Seventy years later, on November 29, 1947, the United Nations voted in favor of parting Palestine and providing for a Jewish state.
10. On May 14, 1948, following U.N. Resolution 181, Israel declared independence.
11. Seventy years later, on, or about May 20, 2018, on the pilgrimage feast of Shauvot, on a day and hour known to Jesus, He will complete the second installment of the purchase transaction and redeeming His beloved, the Church, the Body of Christ;
12. On, or about, the Festival on Trumpets (Yom Teruah) 2018, Daniel's 70 week will commence,
13. Seven years later, on the Day of Atonement (Yom Kippur) Messiah Yeshua will return to planet Earth and judge the world and later on the third pilgrimage feast, Tabernacles (Sukkot) set up His Millennial Kingdom.
God has been in the process of recovering His people, the Jews (Seed of Jacob) the past 120 years (1878-2018):
1. There are only two recovering exiles associated with the Jewish people, Babylon and the Diaspora.
a. The first recovery was the Babylonian exile recovery in 536 B.C.
i. Following this recovery, we find the First Advent of Christ.
ii. Jeremiah prophesied this exile and recovery.
iii. Daniel observed it and prophesied the First and Second Advents of Christ.
b. The second exile recovery, the Diaspora, began in earnest, on May 14, 1948.
i. Following this recovery, we should expect the Second Advent of Christ.
ii. Isaiah speaks about this "second recovery" in Isaiah 11:11.
iii. Ezekiel speaks about the same recovery, although it is the seed of Jacob mired deep in "unbelief" about God. (Ezekiel 20:34- 38) Ezekiel says God will recover them and then pour out His divine fury. Ezekiel says that the Jew will pass under the rod of God, but He, in His mercy, will call out a remnant with whom He will "bring into the bond of the covenant". (Daniel 9:27 covenant) It is this recovery which Zechariah describes as a 70-year period where God's attitude as one of indignation. (Zechariah 1:12)
2. Zechariah speaks to a 70 year period which he terms a period of "indignation without mercy". (Zechariah 1:12-16)
a. This Zechariah 1:12 seventy year period is the 70 years from 1948-2018. It is not the Babylonian exile. It follows the end of the Diaspora exile. Study Ezekiel 20 to see this confirmed.
i. See the legal analysis for proof: https://9-11-2017.com/2017/06/06/the-70-years-of-indignation-apocalypse-israel-2017/
Wherefore comfort one another with these words. (1 Thessalonians 4:18)
God is a God of patterns..............something BIG is going to happen this year! God's 70-year patterns invite us to comfort one another with this.....the Hope of Glory!
Blessings in Christ,