I have a few questions regarding Revelation 1:1-3:
Revelation 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
1) The Father gave the Revelation of Jesus Christ to his Son?
2) What is the “it” that he signified by his angel, not the “things” mentioned (which is plural), but is it the Revelation (which is singular)?
3) What does “shortly” mean, in contrast to “quickly” (Rev 3:11)?
2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.
4) When John “bare record” on Patmos, is it when he wrote it down (wording similar to the three bearing record in heaven I John 5:7)?
3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.
5) Which time is at hand, and when is it at hand, when John wrote it or when you read it?