1) Shabbat, June 4, 2011 - 2 Sivan, 5771 ( see my letter http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/may2011/friedrichw528.htm )
Sivan 2 is marked on the Jewish calendar as Yom HaMeyuchas ("Day of Distinction"); it was on this day that G-d told Moses -- when Moses ascended Mount Sinai for the first time -- to tell the people of Israel: "You shall be My chosen treasure from among all the nations, for all the earth is Mine. You shall be to Me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation" (Exodus 19:4-6).
“….the Sabbath prior to Shavuot is known as the Sabbath of the Bride…"
2) June 4, 2009
pondering June 4, and ... why June 4 ? at all…
I found this:
Obama's June 4, 2009, speech to the Muslim world….
Well, this is really something….two years ago…
Now I did search and found the text of that speech, wow!!! I did not remember all the details, but… I think it is worth to read again… wow!!!
REMARKS BY THE PRESIDENT
ON A NEW BEGINNING
1) …new beginning…
2) Good afternoon. I am honored to be in the timeless city of Cairo,
3) Now part of this conviction is rooted in my own experience. I'm a Christian, but my father came from a Kenyan…
4) Now, much has been made of the fact that an African American with the name Barack Hussein Obama could be elected President. (Applause.)
5) For decades then, there has been a stalemate: two peoples with legitimate aspirations, …………The only resolution is for the aspirations of both sides to be met through two states, where Israelis and Palestinians each live in peace and security. (Applause.)
That is in Israel's interest, Palestine's interest, America's interest, and the world's interest.
6) Too many tears have been shed. ….when Jerusalem is a secure and lasting home for Jews and Christians and Muslims, and a place for all of the children of Abraham to mingle peacefully together as in the story of Isra -- (applause) -- as in the story of Isra, when Moses, Jesus, and Mohammed, peace be upon them, joined in prayer. (Applause.)
7) Islam has a proud tradition of tolerance. ….
P.S. looking at June 4, … what happened on a “June 4”….
3) June 4, 1944
The U.S. troops entered Rome on June 4, 1944
June 4, 1944 the other Epic Day
The Day Rome Fell