KLM---Blessings to you as well,In my article about all the countries that are "jumping on the bandwagon" to endorse the new Palestinian State and paying a terrible price for doing so I had not made the connection you made that these countries may be the "covenant confirmed with the many" spoken of in Daniel. After reflecting on your words and scripture I believe you may very well be correct in your analysis.We are or seem to be at that biblical time when the fulfillment of this prophecy is here or in the wings. Hardly a day or a week is going by that another country or group of countries under whatever political umbrella are jumping on board to endorse the "new to be" Palestinian State, directly against God's command not to. At some point it appears that this agreement or covenant of many will be forced on Israel. This was not possible in the past with the veto power the United States had as per the United Nations. But now with our current pro-Muslim anti-Israel administration the pieces of the puzzle have come together to enable the fulfillment of Daniel's words.The Doves site to me is like a small version of the body of Christ which we Christians are all a part of. We all seem to attain from God, by reading His word, certain levels of discernment. And when we post articles and look at them collectively the big picture which may have been fuzzy becomes much clearer------- one Christian and one piece of discernment at a time.
KML (26 Jan 2011)
"RE: John B Article on " Neglected " statement from God"
Hello and Blessings to you John B. and all Doves.
After reading your above named post the first thing that came to my mind
is " The Covenant of The Many " spoken of in Daniel.
This covenant of the many doesn't have to be a[ peace agreement]. I think many have been taught that it will be [with] Israel . This [covenant] we are watching for may be this very action by the UN and the other countries concerning the PS.
I didn't see it at first but I believe this is THE MANY that may very well fulfill Daniel's Prophecy.
It concerns Israel, but is not agreed to by Israel.
According to Daniel 9:27 And he shall confirm " the covenant of the many " for
One Week, ( 7 yrs ). I am concerned that everyone may be in the preconceived mind set of expecting a formal [ sit down signing ] of some earth shaking peace for land deal. Maybe the COVENANT CONFIRMED with the MANY may not be like that at all.
Let us remember how the Nov 1947" commandment to restore" Jerusalem was overlooked by 50 years to the significance of its impact on fulfilled prophecy and the end times. No one connected the dots on this until the year 2000.
Here are only two entries made in UN resolution # 181 from Nov 1947 confirming a return of the City of Jerusalem.
3..Independant Arab and Jewish states and the " special International Regime for the City of Jerusalem" set forth in part III of this plan, " shall come into existence " in Palestine two months after the evacuation of the armed forces of the mandatory Power has been completed but in any case not later than October 1948. The boundaries of the Arab State, and the City of Jerusalem shall be as described in parts II and III below.
2. In so far as " Holy Places are concerned the liberty of access, visit and transit shall be guaranteed, in conformity with existing rights, to all residents and citizens of the other State and of the City of Jerusalem, as well as to aliens, without distinction as to nationality, subject to requirements of national security, public order and decorum.
NOW , SINCE THE SCRIPTURE ONLY SAYS " HE WILL CONFIRM THE COVENANT WITH THE MANY FOR ONE WEEK " The following are questions that we should be asking.
1. What is the covenant that gets confirmed, [ peace for land], some [ nuclear deal ], or something else altogether ?
2. Will the covenant be something completely new or something reaffirmed from the past document ?
3. Who is the many, the UN, the Arab league, the EU, the Middle East Quartet, or a combination ?
4.Will the confirmation come as some formal signing or only as a verbal commitment at first ?
5. Will Israel be co-partner in the covenant or do they get pushed into the mix ?
6. Will we see this covenant announced in the news media or come by way of the internet ?
7.Will the covenant confirmation be an obvious event, realized bt everyone, or only bt those who have been Watching ?
All I am trying to say that we need to be watchmen in tune with events going on around us, so the " confirmed covenant with the many " ( which may or may not be some peace for land arrangement) does not get by us unnoticed.
We cannot afford to be tunnel-visioned only looking for ONE preconceived idea of what " he shall confirm the covenant with the many " means and miss the fulfillment of this prophecy. We simply don't have the time to let this one get by us.
Be Blessed " all "
Love in our Lord Jesus Christ
Come Lord Jesus !
John B (25 Jan 2011)
"How one "neglected" statement from God could cause pandemonium on this planet"
There is a heavy price to be paid for going up against Almighty God concerning Israel. I don't read Doves every day so maybe others have already expounded on this topic. Even if they have----- it's well to hear it again.
I am only going to reflect on news items within the last several months or weeks related to countries around the world endorsing the new Palestinian state (PS) that is being established whether Israel agrees to it or not. In reading the news daily I couldn't help but notice that----
1) the EU has endorsed the Palestinian state and economic chaos has run rampant there ever since. Ireland was one of the most outspoken countries to endorse the PS and it's government just collapsed
2) Brazil and many of the South American countries have endorsed the PS and have befallen terrible weather (flooding) and weather related deaths
3) One of the last countries that I thought would endorse the PS was Australia and after they did flooding of biblical proportions ensued and continued to this day.
4) I believe South Africa also endorsed the PS and they as well have been experiencing severe flooding
5) Much has been written about the direct link of the fall of the United States and the continued strong-arm tactics of our prior and present administrations concerning the division of God's holy land in Israel. Sufficient to say that we absolutely did not obey the Lord concerning Israel and are paying a price that may cost us our nation.
6) Last week the president of Russia met personally in the Palestinian territories with the Palestinians to endorse their soon to be state. As soon as I read this I knew terrible things would start to happen in or to Russia. Today's terrible bombing at an airport in Russia will be in my opinion just the start of what Almighty God has in store for Russia.
7) I am sure that there are many many more calamities happening to other countries that have endorsed the PS but I'll stop here----you get the idea.
I can't think of too many more verses in the bible that hold more sway than the one God wrote concerning Israel "I will bless those who bless you and I will curse those who curse you." Just one little sentence to obey---- but the world has discounted it--- and are and will--- continue to pay a great price for their disobedience.