Has God given us a hint of the rapture day? Some may recoil and say, "Here we go again. Bramlett's out of his gourd." (Whatever that means.)
I may be out of my gourd, but I believe the Lord may be revealing some things to us.
The Day of Ascension has always seemed to me like a strong possibility for the rapture. Other significant dates also have their arguments, but the Day of Ascension has always seemed special to me.
Why? Because that is the day of Jesus' rapture! He set the example. He was the firstfruits. "Each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ’s at His coming" (1 Corinthians 15:23).
As I woke up this morning the song "Days of Elijah" began blaring in my brain and I could not get rid of it. It was like the Lord planted it there. As I listened, some intriguing thoughts came to me:
1. Probably the most watched TV show in history was Super Bowl 46, on February 5, 2012. Millions from every continent and language viewed it. It would have been an ideal venue for God to communicate with us.
2. The star of the game and Most Valuable Player was quarterback Eli Manning. I said to myself, "Hmmmm, I wonder what Eli means in Hebrew." I checked my lexicon and discovered that Eli means "ascension." Whoa! That seemed very significant.
3. Smith's Bible Dictionary says of Eli: "The character of Eli is marked by eminent piety, as shown by his meek submission to the divine judgment." God's people who will be raptured are referred to as saints, not because of their own behavior, but by the blood of Jesus.
4. The song says, "Lift your voice, it’s the year of jubilee." I checked the Internet and many believe 2012 is, in fact, the biblical "Year of Jubilee."
5. I remembered that one of my favorite and most trusted Bible teachers, Marilyn Agee, has written on the possibility of Ascension Day 2012 being the day if the rapture. http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/feb2012/marilyna28.htm.
6. All these confluences came to me today within minutes. It was like God was feeding them to me.
Behold He comes riding on the clouds,
Shining like the sun at the trumpet call;
Lift your voice, it’s the year of jubilee,
And out of Zion’s hill salvation comes.
He's coming! Prepare ye the way!