Nicole (2 Feb 2011)
"Trying to Find Child Care and Preschool? Know their policies!"
Doves, some of you may be mothers who have to work,
or your children or grandchildren work. Maybe you are a dad
and you think your wife has everything handled. Well I
suggest that you know the policies of your daycare center.
My child has been in and out of so many daycare's because we moved from
Sacramento to Los Angeles and I had so many problems. One
sitter had an older son who was mean and hateful to my son and all my
son did was watch t.v. And while interviewing two
other women who kept children in their houses had dogs and the carpet
was FOUL and the houses were very un-kept and stunk. I
suggest that they stay in a facility and do not stay with people at
Ask the questions:
FAIR USE FOR EDUCATIONAL AND DISCUSSION PURPOSES
If there is a natural disaster or emergency in the even that I cannot
get to my child, can I pay a fee that my child be taken care
of? What if there is an earthquake and none of the parents
or other friends or relatives can get to the child? Are you
going to abandon the children and call the Sheriff's department to pick
the children up? Would I face any type of child abandonment
2) What are the fees if I am late? Are you open after hours and on weekends?
If my child is hit, bitten or anything by another child, what are your
polices? Will I be called? Will those children
4) If my child is not potty trained or has
any type of outburst or what you say is a behavioral problem, can my
child be suspended and I still owe the whole contract? Or
can I just pay up until the child attends?
5) If I give a 30 day notice in writing that I am changing day care providers, can I get out of the contract?
How many times a day will you change my baby's diaper? And
if so, do you let any of the babies go around in just a t-shirt and
diaper without redressing them?
7) Do I need to call first before I pick my child up early so they are ready?
How many snacks do they get a day? Do you provide a lunch
menu? Can we bring our own lunch? What are your
policies on what type of snacks we can bring?
9) What is your Federal Tax ID for my tax filings?
10) What is your license number so I can check it online?
11) Do you have a video camera in your center that I can log in remotely from my computer at work?
12) How long have you been in business?
13) What is your registration fee, any early termination fees, monthly payment and does that include lunches and snacks?
Do you help with homework and do you require the children to read and
learn? Do you give them little packets of work to help them
13) If picking my child up from school and dropping
them off, who is driving and what is the policy on car accidents
involving injury? Are the children picked up within
the school perimeters and not walking off the school property to meet?
14) Do the children get to eat breakfast before they are taken to their school? Do you provide this or can we bring it?
15) How long are the naps?
Do you have a list of referrals of people that can watch my child on
the days that you have holidays but I still have to work?
17) Will I still be charged if I take vacation or my child is sick?
18) Do you let the child attend if they have a runny nose or cough?
19) Is my child going to be in a class just for their age and not be put with children who are much older?
20) What is your policy on administering medicine to my child?
21) Do I need to provide any supplies? Art, paper, Kleenexes, crayons, etc.?
22) What is the schedule of activities for the day? How much do they play outside vs. watch t.v.?
23) How do you discipline children?
24) If there is an accident on the premises to the child, what is your insurance?