Hi Garry B,
An excellent question. Is Israel living in Peace & Safety as required in the lead up to Ezekiel 38 / 39?
I DON'T KNOW FOR SURE! I do not KNOW how God defines these terms. However, I believe that the current conditions in Israel meet these requirements:
- No major military movement has been made against Israel since the Yom Kippur war of 1973
- Israel's economy is booming and their unemployment is one of the lowest in the world. Her people feel confident in her future
- Being worried about war and being in the threat of war is different than being IN WAR. As such, Israel is in RELATIVE peace and safety compared to her history
- In a recent survey, the average Israeli feels more confident in peace, despite the threats, then ever
- Why are the people of Israel more confident than ever? The average citizen believes that the IDF can handle almost any threat
Is this a false confidence? Absolutely!! But the above could also be said about the USA being in peace and security, but meanwhile the NWO and Russia are both plotting her demise as we speak (not to mention the threat of Iran). Anyway, this is just MY OPINION only. However, it sure seems that the Peace and Safety requirement leading up to Ezekiel 38 / 39 APPEARS to be satisfied.
Hope this answers your question, MathMan