Some troubling facts from a 2010 survey:
- 1,500 pastors leave the ministry each month in the USA because of unique pressures associated with the job.
- 80 percent of seminary and Bible school graduates entering the ministry will leave the ministry within the first five years.
- 70 percent felt God called them to pastoral ministry, but after three years of ministry only 50 percent still felt called.
- 80 percent of pastors and 84 percent of their spouses feel unqualified and discouraged in their roles.
- 80 percent of pastors' spouses wish the pastor would choose another profession.
- The majority of pastors' spouses said the most destructive event in their marriage and family was the day the pastor entered the ministry