It has puzzled me that the political left in America is almost always on the wrong side of almost every issue.
Abortion. They say, "Kill, kill, kill."
Homosexuality. Perversion is celebrated, and perverts exalted.
Law enforcement. Cops risk their lives, are persecuted, while dangerous criminals are put back on the streets by liberal judges.
Immigration enforcement. Our laws are ignored so potential Democrats can flood across the borders.
Islam. This violent, satanic system declared to be a "peaceful religion" by the politically correct.
The WTC mosque. The left favors this symbol of Islamic conquest in the heart of NYC.
Fiscal responsibility. Spend, spend, spend.
Economic philosophy. Capitalism (which made this country great) is bad, and Marxism is good.
Global warming. Twisted science used to justify the redistribution of wealth.
Patriotism. Blame America first. Bow and apologize to the whole world, including to tyrants.
Modesty and chastity. They do not know the meaning.
Truth. They lie, lie, lie. They don't have a clue.
Biblical faith. Constantly ridiculed. Apostate ministers held up as spiritual examples (and Presidential advisers).
Evolution. People are the result of a random collision of molecules in an impersonal universe. Life has no meaning.
How can so many people be so consistently wrong on everything?
People on the right are not always right, but they usually have the right idea on the above.
I have decided that it is the spirit of this age. It is a spiritual thing. The apostle Paul described them this way:
Watch the TV news tonight and you will see some of those characteristics on display.
- But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers... unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power" (2 Timothy 3:1-5, NKJV).
That's it! Can't you see it? We are seeing the evil spirit of this age in its final throes, before the arrival of the One who declared, "I am the Truth." He is coming!
In the meantime:
- 1 Do not fret because of evil men
- or be envious of those who do wrong;
- 2 for like the grass they will soon wither,
- like green plants they will soon die away.
- 3 Trust in the LORD and do good;
- dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
- 4 Delight yourself in the LORD
- and he will give you the desires of your heart.
- 5 Commit your way to the LORD;
- trust in him and he will do this:
- 6 He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn,
- the justice of your cause like the noonday sun. (Psalm 37).