Time, Times and a Half
And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.
And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.
6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.
14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.
3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.
5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
There is a Key given in Revelation 12. It is the only usage of the term “time, times and a half” outside of the Book of Daniel.
Using Simple Algebraic Mathematical Substitution and the Key from Revelation 12:
X = Time, Times and Half
Y = 1,260 Day
Z = 42 Months
X = Y : Revelation 12:14 = Revelation 12:6
X = Z : Daniel 7:25 = Revelation 13:5-7
Therefore since X equals both Y and Z then all the variables are of equal value. Thus X=Y=Z
The 1,260 days is 42 months and is referred to as a Time (1 yr) Times (plural – 2 yrs) and a Half a Time (.5 yrs) This is all the same time period – 3.5 years, 42 months or 1,260 days.
Daniel's Prophecy of the 70 Weeks
Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city,
Daniel’s Prophecy only deals with the Nation of Israel (Jewish People) and Jerusalem.
- Command goes forth 454 B.C. - 20th Year of Persian King Artaxerxes Longimanus I
- Nehemiah 2:1 & 9
- · 69 Weeks of years later (483 years) – Brings us to the year 30 A.D.
- 454 years + 30 years = 484 years – 1 yr for no 0 year = 483 years
- John was Baptizing in Bethabara beyond Jordan
- John Baptizes Jesus and bears witness that he is the Messiah
- John 1:32-34
- Luke 3:23
- Jesus’ Ministry begins ~30 A.D. after his Baptism
- 62 & 7 (69) Weeks until Messiah the Prince – Fulfilled exactly 483 (69 Weeks) years from the going forth of the commandment to restore and rebuild Jerusalem by Artaxerxes
- · The Gospels recount 3 Passovers and an inferred Passover during Jesus’ Ministry
- John 2:13-25 (1st)
- John 5:1 (Inferred)
- John 6:4 (2nd)
- Matthew 26, Mark 14, Luke 22, John 13 (3rd)
- Prior to the 1st Passover recounted in John 2 and immediately after his Baptism and John revealing Jesus as the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world, Jesus spent 40 days fasting in the wilderness where he was tempted
- § Matthew 4, Luke 4
- This illustrates that the Holy Scriptures show that our Lord’s Ministry beginning from his Baptism and John’s revealing Him as the promised Messiah to be over 3 years in time
- · Historical evidence for the length of Jesus’ Ministry
- “…our Saviour and Lord, Jesus the Christ of God, beginning His mission at the age of about thirty, came to John’s baptism and then and there set to work preaching the gospel. Holy Scripture further tells us that He completed the whole period of His teaching when Annas and Caiaphas were high priest, showing that the years covering their ministry (the high priests) include the whole period of His teaching. Since, then, He began His mission in the high priesthood of Annas and continued till the reign of Caiaphas, the period covered does not stretch to four complete years.”
- “Thus the whole period of our Saviour’s Teaching is shown to be actually less than four complete years,” 
- · If Daniel’s Prophecy and the above dates are to prove correct that would put the Crucifiction at Passover of 33 A.D.
- This would also put the length of our Lord’s Ministry as the Christ at Three and a Half Years
- After 62 Weeks Messiah shall be cut off….
- § After 30 A.D. was Messiah cut off but not for himself? Yes
- …and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary…
- § After 30 A.D. was Jerusalem and the Temple destroyed? Yes
- · Christ would confirm the prophecied (Jeremiah 31:31) New Covenant with “many” for one week, but who are the many?
- As the Scriptures state this Prophecy only deals with the Nation of Israel and the City of Jerusalem, He confirmed the Covenant with “many” of the Jews however he was despised and rejected by “many” as well.
- In the midst of the week He was cut off but not for himself
- When Christ was cut off he caused the need for Sacrifice and Oblation to cease (Hebrews 7:27)
- § The Veil was rent, the Scarlet thread tied to the Scapegoat and nailed to the Door to the Temple never changed color to White ever again and for the overspreading of their Abominations the Sanctuary was devoid of any presence of God (Ezekiel 9:3) and was eventually made completely Desolate (Luke 13:35)
- § There is a further 40 year pattern from Messiah to Temple Desolation that could be expanded on but will leave that out for the sake of brevity
- Therefore the first half of the last week has been fulfilled by Christ Confirming God’s Covenant to his Chosen People Israel during his earthly ministry
- There remains the latter half of the week in which Christ will again Confirm God’s Covenant with His Chosen People of Israel
- § I believe the Scriptures indicate this will be done through His Two Witnesses and the 144K as well as the Lord Himself
- · So again, if this is the correct Timeline of Christ’s Ministry we should be able to pinpoint the Day of the Cross at Passover of 33 A.D.
Day of the Cross
- · Furthermore, If this Pattern is correct the Scriptures should bear Witness and we should see a clear type from the Hebrew Scriptures:
2 Kings 2:9-12&23-24
9 And it came to pass, when they were gone over, that Elijah said unto Elisha, Ask what I shall do for thee, before I be taken away from thee. And Elisha said, I pray thee, let a double portion of thy spirit be upon me.
10 And he said, Thou hast asked a hard thing: nevertheless, if thou see me when I am taken from thee, it shall be so unto thee; but if not, it shall not be so.
11 And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.
12 And Elisha saw it, and he cried, My father, my father, the chariot of Israel, and the horsemen thereof. And he saw him no more: and he took hold of his own clothes, and rent them in two pieces.
23 And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
- Elijah – Raptured Church
- Elisha – Israel
- § Receives a Double Portion
- § Double Portion – 2 Witnesses
- § Double Portion – Christ sent out the 72 Disciples (70 according to KJV)
- Luke 10:1 (ESV) After this the Lord appointed seventy-two others and sent them on ahead of him, two by two, into every town and place where he himself was about to go.
- § 72 x 2 = 144
- 2 Bears devour the young men – The Two Beasts that will devour the Earth
- 42 young men – 42 Months / Time, Times and Half / 1,260 days the beasts will devour and tread down the Holy City
There remains a future period of Three and One Half Years that is referred to as a Time, Times and Half a Time / 42 Months / 1,260 Days in which the Lord will Confirm His Covenant with Israel during the time of Jacob’s Trouble. The Gentile Church is not appointed to this time but will obtain Salvation by our Lord Jesus. This will complete the 70 Weeks of Daniel and Initiate the Second Coming of the Lord as King of Kings to Rule and Reign from Jerusalem. Praise be to the Most High God Jehovah and our Lord and King Jesus Christ!